chapter 19

The only times that I haven't been able to fit inside my clothes were when I got to tall for them or I just grew out of them. Not because I was getting wider but because I was just growing up. But there's always room for a first, even if I couldn't get the damn thing buttoned. I don't know how long I stood there attempting to pull the cloth shut when I knew nothing I did would work.

My doctor had told me that I women tend to start showing between 12 to 16 weeks depending on a number of different things. My clothes had started getting tight a few weeks ago but nothing I couldn't 'fight' for lack of better term. Now I can't even get close to buttoning it shut. I've been meaning to go and bye some new clothes but between looking for a job and stressing out about the plane ticket to Californian I had recently bought. Spencer hadn't wanted to look for a job just yet, he kept talking about how I was already stressed out enough and adding to that's not a good idea. I of course pointed out that his salary's not going to cover all the doctor bills as well as the baby stuff we're gonna have to get sooner or latter. I myself didn't think that going to see Sam was a very good idea at this moment in time but I was already to deep to back out now, can't refund the tickets.

Spencer has been gone for a week and in that time Haley and I have transformed this apartment from cluttered and unorganized into something that looked kind of nice. She had helped me find some shelves to put into the 'nursery'. The only reason I was calling it that was because that's where we were going to put all the baby things and stuff that was taking up to much room. We decided that the baby would be sleeping in our room until we found some place bigger to call our home. That's how I presented it to Spencer but I hay my own reasons for wanting the kid close to me. I will not let what happened to my mother happen to me. My inner monologue was cut off by someone knocking on the door. I took another glance at myself in the mirror, I found myself in only a bra and my unbuttoned pair of jeans. I saw one of Spencer's shirts on the floor and I pulled it around myself. His clothes always seemed to be more available then my own. The loud noise begun again and I resisted the urge to yell at whoever it was.

"Alright, alright, alright." This time I did look though the peep hole before opening, you can never be to careful. I felt confusion begin to ease its way into my mind as I looked through the small window. The person on the other side of the door made me almost not want to open it. I wet my lips and wrapped my hand around the handle in time for him to bang on the door again. I pulled it open and had to lean back in order not to get hit.

"You don't have to knock on the door every ten seconds." I leaned against the door frame and gave him a blank look. His face looked just as blank as my own. His dark brown eyes looked me over almost like he was trying to understand something. It took me a few seconds but I felt myself starting to waver under his gaze. "Dad!" I hadn't meant for it to sound harsh but it broke him of his evaluation.

"You look tired." His voice wasn't as angry that it was when he had been here the last time. In fact he looked more cautious then anything else, like he was trying to walk across thin ice.

"I haven't been sleeping well." I crossed my arms. I licked my lips again and decided where I wanted to go from here. I know fro a fact that I'm the one who had the most control over this situation. This is my house and he was the one standing on the threshold. I watched him as he watched me, I could tell he was fighting his own inner battle, coming here and swallowing his pride wasn't something that he would do easily. Dropping a gift off without anyone being home is one thing. "Would you like to come in?" I moved to the side giving him enough room to slip inside. He nodded and did just that. He looked around the room as he walked though the living room.

"You moved everything around." He observed, taking a seat on the couch. He leaned forward onto his knees and looked up at me as I shut the front door. I was very aware of the fact that my jeans were still unbuttoned and Spencer's shirt was still wrapped around me.