Chapter 4

Warm liquid dripping down my face was what brought me out of my unconscious state. My head hung at an awkward angle sending sharp pains down my spine. My hair hung acted like a curtain blocking my vison of anything other then my bloody shirt, jeans and a disgusting rotted wood floor. My wrists were bound tightly behind my back by what felt like rope and I could already feel the burns beginning to form.

"Morn'in Sleeping Beauty." A familiar voice piped up behind me causing the drums that I hadn't noticed before to beat louder inside my head. A few seconds later a pair of worn out leather boots appeared next to my bare feet that were also tied to the chair. His fingers found their way under my chin and lifted my head to meet his eyes.

"Last time I checked, you and my dad were friends." My voice was hard as I narrowed my eyes at him even though I knew it wouldn't do anything but amuse him.

"What makes you think things have changed?" He crouched down and gave me a coy smile. The way he was acting you would think he won the lottery.

"I don't know, maybe its the fact that you've got his daughter tied up in what seems to be an abandon cabin of sorts." My throat was starting to hurt and my memory of the last few days began to trickle in. I remember him coming to my apartment and me somehow getting away. I remember hiding out in one of Uncle Bobby's old cabins, not this one, before Rodney found me and knocked me out. I also remember the small baby I was currently carrying. Panic must have shown on my face because his smile grew even wider.

"Don't worry, I didn't touch your stomach if that's what your freaking out about." He stood back up and moved to one of the tables was were in front of the both of us. "I figured I'd wait until your father joined us before things start picking up." His back was to me as he moved the weapons around on the table, almost like he was looking for something. I tried to make sense of everything in the room but my thoughts were scattered.

"My father?" I found myself asking, Rodney and my father had been friends for as long as I can remember. He had three boys, one of which I had a thing for a few years back, him and my father had gone on a lot of hunts together. He had been like an Uncle to my brothers and I.

"You see, about a year ago we went on a hunt together, Me, my boys, your daddy and your brothers. Nothing out the ordinary, just a typical salt and burn." He was still fishing around on the table. "Turns out that there had been more then one ghost and a call John made ended up getting my youngest boy killed." His voice was thick with grief and he slammed one of the many knives down causing the table beneath it to shutter. The loud bang sent my mind reeling and bile rose in my throat. "I promised your father that he would get what was coming to him and here we are." He turned around and opened his arms in a welcoming gesture, the knife still in his hands. He laughed as seemingly nothing.

"Killing me is not going to bring Kyle back." I pulled at the ropes but that did nothing but send pain flying up my arms. "My father will end you." Despite the fact that my father would no doubt want to kill me for running away, I have complete faith that he would save my life first. My arms were throbbing and I couldn't feel my hands. He was about to retort when a loud ringing nose cut him off before he could even get started.

"You know your boyfriend can't seem to take a hint that you're not going to pick up the phone." He stalked across the room and picked up what looked to be my bag. He pulled out my cell phone and quickly silenced it before tossing it at my feet. The screen showed that I had ten missed calls from Spencer. I'm not sure on how long I've been here but I know that I was hiding in Bobby cabin for the last two days. My best bet would have been leaving town but I didn't know when Spencer would be coming back and leaving Rodney with a hostage didn't sound like a good idea.

"Leave Spencer out of this." I snapped at Rodney. "He has nothing to do with hunters."

"Really, because you're a hunter." His face was painted with fake confusion. He pointed to me and continued, "And I'm pretty sure that's his baby you've got inside of you. Looks to me like he's got plenty to do with hunters." He laughed off my anger and went back to looking around the table. "You know what? Why don't I just use your phone?" He laughed to himself while he picked it up from the floor. He punched in a number before holding it to his ear. It wasn't long before I heard the faint sound of someone picking up and answering. Rodney gave me the signal to stay quiet though I'm not sure what I would say anyway.

"John." He greeted cheerfully and that's when I realized just far he's gone off the tracks. I could hear my father speaking but I couldn't make out what he was saying. "I've actually got someone here who I think you'd like to speak with." Rodney sent me a wink. He didn't even look like the man that I remember looking up to. His eyes were sunken into his skull and his once tannish skin looked almost paper white. But the one thing that hasn't changed was his intimidating attitude. "Addison, why don't say 'hi' to your father. He's been really worried about you." Next thing I know he pushed my phone to the side of my head causing another round of pain to roll throughout my head. "Go on." He encouraged, his tone hardening at my lack of cooperation.

"Addison?" My father's confused voice blared into my ear and I really don't know what to do.

"Yeah...?" I didn't want to show Rodney just how much this affected me but at the same time I wanted to start crying. I had never wanted to leave my family but at the time I didn't see any other option. When I was fifteen we were working on a werewolf case that went haywire. I ended up almost having my guts ripped out and dying in the middle of the woods. Dean got there just in time to save me but had he been a second later I wouldn't be breathing. I made out with a pretty deep gash down my side and Dean had to carry me out. While I was healing up I couldn't stop thinking about what would have happened if I died, all of the stuff that I would have missed out on. I wanted to fall in love, get married, have kids, and I knew that I would never have any of that if I continued on in that life. So I left.

"Where are you?" My father's alarmed voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I attempted to recall my location.

"Virginia I think." I answered. "At least that's where I was when he found me, I don't know if we're still here." I kept my eyes on Rodney as I spoke, looking for an answer in his face. He took the phone form my ear and walked outside the front door of the cabin. I couldn't hear anything he said from inside so I used the time to try and find a way out of these ropes. I didn't have time to sit here and wait for my father to find me, he could be all the way across the county for all I know, I need to get myself and this baby out of here. There weren't any weapons close to me but I noticed that the ropes weren't as tight as before so I started pulling on them again, ignoring the pain that it caused me. After a good five minutes I could almost pull my hand out but that's when he decided to come back inside.

"You might wanna hurry." Rodney chuckled into the phone, his tone suddenly going dark. "I hear that stress is one of the leading causes of miscarriage."