Chapter 8

Spencer wasn't sure how to handle the situation. He now knew that he should have called for help the second he walked into the empty apartment. But nothing had been out of place other then the fact the door had been left unlocked and open. If he had been thinking clearly, which is never the case when it comes to Addison, he would have called for help that very second. Addison's the most paranoid person that he's ever met, even more so then his mother and she's got Schizophrenia.

It wasn't until the man answered the phone that he realized just how bad the situation had become. Addison's car hadn't been in the parking lot when Derek had dropped him off so he assumed she went out for something, wouldn't be the first time. That would also explain why she didn't answer the house phone and she might have forgotten her cell inside. And this isn't the first time she's taken off without a word. But that hadn't happened for years

The first time had been a little after they had gotten together. She had been sleeping at his house for about a month and they were falling into a nice routine that nether one of them had ever been acquainted with. She would come home from her job at the clothing store and him from school. They would somehow put something together for dinner and eat before finding something to entertain themselves with before going to bed. But one morning he woke up and she wasn't there.

He did everything he could to find her but there wasn't a trace. He went a week looking for her and driving himself crazy. He would have called the police if she hadn't told him beforehand to never involve them for anything concerning her. In the end he didn't need to. She came back on her own. Only she was covered in scratches and bruises and what appeared to be claw marks that went all the way down her back. They were stitched together and he knew that she couldn't have done it on her own.

He had questioned her and questioned her but to no avail. All she revealed was that it would never happen again and that he needed to trust her when she said that he didn't want to know. Now he was doing something that he promised he would never do. He called the cops.

He first called Aaron and pleaded his case to the boss who then told him to come to the office. Somewhere along the line someone called in Derek. They had her phone traced and that led them to an abandon cabin in the middle of the woods about a half an hour away. That's how he ended up in the passenger seat of the SUV as they sped down the highway. Aaron was driving and Derek was in the backseat. There were cops behind and in front of them.

"She was alive when he answered right?" Derek was the one to break the silence. The sudden noise made Spencer almost jump out of his seatbelt. Once he realized what was being asked he answered.

"She told me not to come after her." He said. 'She said to trust her." Aaron glanced at the younger agent. "The guy said that what was happening was none of my business and that I was better off without her and our bastard."

"She's pregnant?" Derek asked shocked. Spencer didn't know haw to answer that. Truthfully he didn't know. It would explain everything she's been doing for the last month. Her moodiness and constantly getting sick and even the nightmares. But she hadn't said anything to him. And he wanted to believe that if that was the case that she would tell him.

"I don't know." He said finally after a few moments of silence. He didn't want to think about what she might not be telling him, he wanted to focus on finding her. He wasn't sure what he would do if she wasn't with him. Addison was the one puzzle he wasn't able to solve but he never wanted to stop trying.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

The SUV pulled up in front of the cabin her phone was supposed to be at and parked next to a jeep. The building wasn't any larger then a normal sized living room. The windows were busted and it looked like the wood would crumble if a strong gust of wind blew through.

They wasted no time in storming the place. Spencer felt his stomach tighten when he saw the empty chair that was in the middle of the room. Two bloody footprints were side by side in front of the chair and more blood had dripped on the floor around the chair. Ropes hung loosely at the bottom and the back of seat.

"He knew we were coming." Spencer voiced his thoughts. He moved over to one of the tables and looked down at her bag, the one he had bought her for her birthday the year before. He fished around inside it and pulled out a knife as well as a couple hundred dollar bills.

"I don't think so." Derek objected. "The ropes are still tied, why loosen them when there's a dozen knives all around the room." He picked op the ropes as he spoke.

"She tired to run." Spencer held up the cash.

"You think she got away?" Aaron questioned. Cops were walking around the cabin by now but everyone froze as the sound of a gunshot rang throughout the forest that surrounded the cabin.