chapter 42

I looked at him across the table and thought of how to answer. I knew what he was trying to insinuate, he thought that my father was abusive. Some might argue he was but he did what needed to be done to make sure we could protect ourselves if need be, and trust me when I say it was needed.

"What part of 'anything that doesn't concern this case isn't any of your damn business' do you not understand?"

"But it does concern the case."

"Really? How so?" I cocked my head to the side and gave him a disbelieving look. I'm not sure where he wanted to take this. I also wasn't sure how much he did know and how much was just bullshit.

"Just answer the question Addison." His tone was clipped and he leaned back in the chair, crossing his legs and folding his hands on his knee. I'm not sure of the look I gave him but I'm sure it resembled something of disbelief. He's not serious, he can't be. Just the fact that he thinks I would respond to this kind of attitude it almost insulting. I must have given him the wrong idea about me or something.

"Well that's a pretty personal question when I've known you less then six months." I mimicked his position, I know it was childish but I couldn't help myself.

"I asked Agent Reid and he said that told him that your father wanted to follow in his footsteps, but you never told him what those footsteps were." He undid his legs and leaned forward on the table. Damn it, what else have I told Spencer? I kept everything pretty standard, only telling him the bare minimum. Looking back now I probably should have come up with some story but I hadn't wanted to lie to him, I still don't. Thinking of Spencer reminded me that whatever I said in here would more then likely be repeated back to him. Damned if I do and damned if I don't. "What did your father do for a living?"

"I don't know."

"You don't know?" He obviously didn't believe me, I wouldn't have either but it was all I had considering the crap he keeps throwing at me. The idea of getting caught directly in a lie by an FBI agent doesn't sound like it would be very fun. See, I know when to shut my mouth time, I can be taught.

"Nope, Dad left work at work."

"Yet you didn't want to 'follow in his footsteps'?" He was talking me into a trap.

"He didn't seem very happy." I shrugged, "Why would I want to do something that made my father miserable?"

"So you ran away?"

"I've always been a bit dramatic." He nodded and pulled a file from the bottom of the pile that sat in front of him. He set it on top and opened it. I crossed my arms and got settled in my chair. Looks like I'm going to be here for awhile. He took out a few large pictures and spaced them out in front of me. I took one glance at them and adverted my eyes. I didn't need to see them, I already had.

They were the victims of the werewolf that had started attacking people in Vegas. The same one that gave me the scars that went down my back. I resisted the urge to reach up and touch my shoulder, I couldn't give that much away.

"Why are you showing me these?"

"Agent Reid mentioned the time that you went missing on him the first time. It was the same time that these people were killed by some sort of animal. No one knew what it was, where it came from, or where it went. Someone let the media know about how the hearts from all the victims were missing. Agent Reid said the case didn't interest you until he mentioned that piece of information." And I thought I had been discrete when he mentioned that. Guess I had underestimated 19 year old Spencer.

"What does that have to do with this case?" He ignored me.

"You disappeared and a week later the killings stopped and you showed back up with injures that matched the earlier victims. Agent Reid said that you refused to speak about what happened, just like you would refuse to talk about your childhood, just like you refuse to tell anyone what's going on now." He stood up half way though his rant and got louder with each word till he was looming over me and yelling. I took a deep breath and reminded myself that he was doing all this to get a reaction out of me and what he's trying to find out will get me locked up in the loony bin, eating pudding and waiting for the next round of pills. But I was getting a little to pissed off for me own good.

"Are you trying to scare me?" I stood up too, looking him directly in the eyes without flinching. "Because let me tell you something Agent Hotchner. I don't scare easy. I told you I don't know anything, I don't know where Rodney is, I don't know anything about what you think my father is involved in, I don't know what happened to that thing in Vegas, and I don't know how to make you believe me. As for my childhood, and my issues with talking about bad things that happen to me is nobody's fucking business other then my own, and maybe Spencer's if I decide to share it with him. So get out of my face and get your nose out of my life and relationship." By the end of my speech I was breathing heavy and my hand turned white from the force I was using to keep them on the table.

"Addison, I'm trying to help you. You're a good kid."

"I don't need your help, I haven't done anything wrong other then leave the hospital which I had every right to do so. So unless you're going to arrest me for something I would like to get out of the fucking box and go see Spencer."

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Surprisingly he didn't fight me, meaning he had something else in mind. I really didn't want to go see Spencer. I mean I wanted to, I wanted to make sure he was okay with my own eyes but at the same time facing him made me wanted to throw up and it had nothing to do with his kid inside of me. I had a hard time controlling my emotions around him on a normal day, now I have to go look at him in a hospital bed when he knows I'm keeping things from him. He always knew I didn't tell him things but it hasn't ever really come and bit us in the ass like this before.

Morgan had gotten Sam released and he apologized for not being able to tone Aaron down. I didn't want him to get into trouble for my mess. He didn't know me well enough or long enough to stick his head out like that for me and me feel good about it. Aaron told him to take me back to the hospital and to 'keep an eye on me.' I wasn't to upset about that considering he was now on my side of things. He still didn't understand half of what was going on but he knew that my brothers and I were on the right side of things and that was enough for him at the moment.

"What are you going to tell him?" Morgan asked as we pulled into the hospital parking lot.

"Not sure. Try and avoid the topic like I always do. It's worked for us in the past." I shrugged.

"Why don't you try telling him the truth?"

"Have you met Spencer? Are we talking about the same guy? Spencer doesn't believe in anything he either hasn't seen or hasn't been proven over and over again by science." I gave him a look and shook my head. "He wouldn't believe me for a second."

"He might surprise you." He said. "He loves you, love makes people do and think crazy things. If you say it he might give you the benefit of the doubt." I shook my head while he parked the car.

"I can't risk that. I can't lose him."

"You might lose him if you don't." I didn't answer him after that, I just got out of the car and hurried into the hospital. I didn't wait for him to catch up while I moved though the building hell I didn't stop until I got onto Spencer's floor. I froze in the middle of the hall when I caught sight of the guards outside his door. I didn't want to go in there, I didn't want to do anything other then leave, find my brothers, kill this son of a bitch and then figure out my relationship, save the emotional bullshit for last. I heard the elevator ding behind me and Morgan stepped out.

"You just going to stand there?"

"Do I have to go in there?" I looked over my shoulder at him. He nodded and started leading me down the hall with a hand on my back.

"You won't fix anything by running form your problems."

"It's worked in the past." He gave the look my statement deserved. The police got out of our way and Morgan used his free hand to open the door. He pushed me through and closed the door behind me. Really? He's gonna be like that?

Sighing I lifted my eyes to look at the man in the bed. He was sleeping but I could tell it was restless. It was the way he's been sleeping for the last couple of weeks and it was my fault. He was worried about me and in turn it was messing with his health.

I moved across the room until I was by the bed and I sat down on the edge. Much like I had the first time he woke up. It feels like it happened weeks ago rather then yesterday. He didn't wake from the movement of the bed and I sighed again, reaching to touch his cheek. That did wake him. He blinked up at me for a few seconds before his eyes widened in shock.

"Addi?" he tried to sit up but I pushed him back down. "Where? What happened to your neck?"