chapter 15

Turns out dinner means hanging out in the living room and ordering pizza. Not that I mind, pizza is one of the only things I can still eat without it making a reappearance. Now that I'm thinking about it, Spencer must have said something. That and no one mentioned anything having to do with Rodney, except me of course, I felt the need to apologize

Derek assured me that I didn't break his nose, just fractured it but if I had kicked him any harder it would have shattered. Just hearing that made me feel a lot better, I don't normally feel that bad about injuring men but he had been trying to help me and a foot to the face doesn't seem like the best way to be repaid.

Spencer and I ended up pressed against one another on the loveseat, not that I minded. About an hour after arriving I began to feel silly about bringing knives. But as my father always said, 'better to feel stupid and safe, then be a idiot under the ground'. Spencer never liked it when I recited that to him.

Derek reminded me a lot of Dean, at least when Dean's not being an asshole. Aaron was a little too quiet for my liking, I don't like it when I can't get a basic idea of what someone is thinking or is about to do. But other then that he seemed pretty nice. Haley's really starting to grow on me and having a friend sounds amazing.

"How did you two meet." Haley asked, leaning onto Aaron. I licked my lips and turned towards Spencer. Our meeting was beyond unique. And when I really think about it, it was kind of messed up.

"Do you want to tell them or should I?" I asked him even though I already knew the answer, he never tells it right.

"You do it. You don't like the way I tell it."

"Because you don't tell it right!"

"Addi, I have a near perfect memory, I know exactly what happened." He exclaimed, turning to me sharply. I'm not sure if you can tell but we have this argument all the time.

"Your 'near perfect memory' didn't help you remember our three year anniversary."

"I didn't forget, I was trying to surprise you." He went with the same story he's been using for the last year.

"Sure...you really think I didn't know that you went to the store?" A deep red color took to his cheeks and he wouldn't meet my eyes. I crossed my arms and leaned back in victory. Everyone else in the room seemed more then amused. "Anyway, I was 16 when I met Spencer. I had been walking back to my motel room from a...diner I think it was-"

"You don't even know what you were doing!" Spencer exclaimed, "50% of-"

"Do you remember?" I asked, cutting him off and gave him a not so nice look.

"Remember what?" He stopped mid rant and his gaze turned confused.

"What I was doing before?" He thought about it for a second before answering.

"You never told me what you were doing before."

"Then why did you interrupt me? For all you know, I was at a diner enjoying some very nice pie before I went of out my way to save your ass." He didn't argue with me on that, smart man. "Anyway, on my back to my motel I saw Spence here getting jumped by some butt-heads and I intervened. I've never liked bullies." Spencer coughed and I glared at him.

"How often do you two fight about this?" Haley asked and I could tell she was trying not to laugh.

"All the freaking time, he's convinced that I don't tell the whole story."

"You don't!" He moved up so he was sitting on the edge of the loveseat. "You never mention the fact that you got stabbed or anything that happened afterwards, you act like that never happened!" Now this is a subject that we really have a head time agreeing on. He feels that you should talk things over when bad things happen and I just prefer ignore the elephant in the room.

"Well Spencer, I don't like admitting to the fact that that kid got the better of me."

"There's nothing wrong about that, there were four guys, no one expects you to be able to fight all of them off." Another thing that tends to get me heated. I found myself taking a deep breath and counting to ten inside my head. "And everything that happened after was really how we met." That I couldn't really fight him on.

"Fine, you finish."

"After she got stabbed and the men ran away she refused to go to the hospital." He began.

"I didn't need to."

"You were stabbed, you should have gone to see a doctor." He said it like he was talking to a child.

"Nothing major was hit." I shrugged, in my family the only time you go to the hospital is when you're for!"
dyeing, and even then the line is a blurred.

"You had no way of knowing that, you could have bled out there or back at your room!"

"But I didn't."

"You still should have gone to the hospital." His tone lacked any real bite because he knew that it wasn't going to do any good. We've been having this argument for years and our standings never changed.

"I know how to not die."

"You gave yourself stiches!" He exclaimed.

"What else was I supposed to do?"

"Go to the hospital! You could have died form infection!"

"That's what the Rum was for!" Spencer gave me an incredulous look as everyone in the room started laughing