Chapter 9

My eyes stared down the barrel of the gun. A wicked smirk weaved itself across his lips in a fashion that would have made Hitler proud. I felt myself release a shuttering breath as the gun looked at me unwavering and cold. It was close for me to kick it from his hands, almost pointblank range. I couldn't see anyway out of this. My head was to screwed for me to try and fight him without any sort of weapon.

"You don't have to do this." When all else fails, try and talk reason. I would have tried and moved backward if it wasn't for the fact that he might try and shoot me if I so much as breathed to heavily. Not that I could really blame him for that. My family had a tendency to get out of tight situation unscathed, it's why we're still alive and I'll be damned if I die here. Not after everything I went to for a normal life.

"I don't think you understand." He shook his head. Sweat glistened off his forehead as he held the gun steady. Part of me wondered if he was having second thoughts. He knew that my father would hunt him down if he killed me. Hell he might even hunt him down for just thinking about it. But if he was going to die anyway why not just kill me then too? At least he would have accomplished what he had meant to. God Addison, don't give him any ideas.

"Then make me understand." Way to go Addison, piss him off why don't ya. "Help me understand why killing one of your son's friends is a good idea." The gun seemed to waver slightly as he thought over my words. "Your son was a hunter. You knew that this life is a dangerous one. If you didn't want you kids in the life of fire you would have kept them out of the life." He didn't seem to like hearing the faults in his parenting.

"His death was not my fault."

"His death wasn't anybody's fault but the monster that killed him. You should be more worried about killing the thing that killed him then killing me." I did my beat to keep my voice as calm and even as I possibly could with a gun in my face. Which surprisingly wasn't that difficult, practice makes perfect.

"It's dead."

"Then it's over. You got your justice. Now why do I need to suffer over something that is finished. My father never needed to know that I was alive, he already mourned me, why open that wound, he already felt what you're feeling, what more do you want?" He didn't seem to be able to think of an answer. HIs eyes glazed over as he thought and I used that small window of time to jump back far enough to where I could kick the gun. If I could get the gun then things might start looking up. A gunshot bounced off the trees as my foot connected with the side of it. A sharp pain shot through my left arm. The weapon slid through the leaves until it collided with a tree. He was a lot closer to it then I was so I didn't even go after it. I turned and ran as fast as I could.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

The agents stiffened at the sound and looked to one another. Spencer felt his throat tighten and he himself began moving toward the back door that Addison had used to leave the cabin. Derek and Aaron were hot on his heels the local PD not far behind. Spencer stared into the endless amount of trees that made up the forest and felt his hope fade.

"They could be anywhere." No one seemed to hear him.

"Get dogs out here." Aaron ordered. Derek was already started moving into the trees with his gun drawn.

"Spencer, you stay here incase she runs back, I'll start looking." Derek called to him. He didn't want to make it look like he was trying to keep the younger agent out of the action but he barely passed the gun qualification and he just felt better knowing that he wasn't running around on his own. He didn't give Spencer time to argue with him. He moved in the direction he thought the sound came from.
Light shined through the branches overhead making it easy to move thought the forest. He couldn't hear anything but his own footsteps and he found it unsettling. The only thing that kept him from wanting to shot anything that moved was the fact that Addison might also be running through the trees.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I'm not sure how far I got from him, hell I don't even know what direction I went in. I couldn't hear anything but my own heartbeat. I lost Rodney and I never wanted to find him. I learned my lesson from last time. This time I kept my feet firmly on the ground.

I pressed my back up against a tree and tried to catch my breath. Blood seeped from the hole in my shoulder. I'm pretty sure the bullet went straight through but I couldn't tell for sure until I had a chance to really look at it.

I don't know how long I stood there but I felt my blood run cold as quiet footsteps made themselves apparent on the other side of the tree. I Pushed myself harder against the tree and hoped that he would just walk straight past me. But I knew that wouldn't be how it went down. I needed to be the one that made the first move or else I would die. He kept coming closer and I waited. I waited until I could see his shadow.

Before I even knew what I was doing I threw myself around the trunk and kicked him in the face. It wasn't until he was on the ground that I realized it wasn't Rodney's nose that I had broken.