chapter 40

My first reaction was to knee him in the balls. Monster or no monster they always go down, at least for a second. And for that split second his focus wavered and both Dean and Morgan fell from the trees. Dean dove for what I now know to be the gun and shot off a round before I could even take a breath. The demon let out a yell, falling off his knees onto the forest floor, gripping onto his shoulder.

"Addison." Morgan grabbed me by the arm and pulled me to my feet. Dean kept the gun pointed at Rodney and held his other hand out to me. I took it and we we booked it in the opposite direction.

"We need to get the hell out of here."

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I don't know how we did it, but we got back to the car faster then I could even process. Dean opened the driver door and pushed me inside, forcing me to slid across the seat into the passenger side. Morgan opened the backseat and slid in. Dean didn't wast any time in starting the car and pealing out of the parking lot.

"What the hell was that thing?" Morgan asked again, panic clear in his voice.

"Demon." Dean answered, I could feel the bruises forming on my throat where Rodney had griped me. It hurt to breath but I was out of breath. Dean heard me heaving and glanced over at me before turning his eyes back to the road. "You good?" He questioned. I gave him a thumbs up, not wanting to use up the air I was currently trying to absorb.

"A demon?"

"Yep." Dean answered.

"Like Hell? Like the devil?"

"Don't know about the devil but demons exist, werewolves, vampires, ghosts, just about everything that goes bump in the night exists." Dean pulled into the parking lot of the motel a few minuets later while Morgan thought everything over. He turned off the car and turned to face me. By now I was breathing a little slower and gently held my hand over my throat that was gently throbbing.

"You good?" He asked again.

"I can breath." He nodded and we got out of the car, Morgan following behind. Dean unlocked the door to the motel room and pushed it open. We all walked in and I went straight to the closes bed and fell back on it.

"Sammy?" Dean called, pounding his fist against the bathroom door. When I didn't hear an answer I propped myself up on my elbows, giving my older brother a confused look. He opened the bathroom door and it revealed an empty room. "Son of a bitch" He slammed the door shut the same time Morgan's phone started ringing.

"It's Hotch." He looked down at the ringing phone before looking at me like he wanted me to tell him what to do. "What do I tell him?"

"Ask him where that hell my younger brother is." I sat up completely. "I don't know, whatever you think he'll believe. But now you know why I wasn't so willing to come forward now don't ya?" He didn't answer me but he did answer the phone.

"Hotch-" He listened to whatever the older man, at least I think he's older, had to say. He glanced at the two of us. "Yeah I found her…yeah…got it." he hung up the phone and clipped it back into his weird little phone holder. "Hotch's got your brother, he's fine." Dean narrowed his eyes at him.

"Dean." I said in a warning tone.

"I have to take you back to the station." He said to me. "I don't…I can't just tell him we're looking for a demon."

"So what? You're just going to arrest me for trying to protect everyone from a raging monster? I don't think that's fair."

"I...I don't understand what's going on and I'm sorry for pressuring you into answering a question none of us would have believed but you still have to come back with me. We can't be worried about you while we're looking for Rodney."