Chapter 10

Derek wasn't sure what hit him. One second he was making his way through the forest, next he was sprawled out on the floor with blood flowing down his face in a steady stream. His gun was still gripped tightly in the hands.

"I am so sorry." A girl, he assumed Addison, was standing in front of him, her hands pressed tightly to her mouth. Like she couldn't believe what she had just done. She was quick to offer him a hand. Her long blond hair was tangled and matted with leaves, mud, and blood. He accepted her hand and looked around them, ignoring the pain that radiated though his face. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Addison Winchester?" He asked.

"Depends on whos asking." Derek wiped at the blood his hand coming away soaked. He took her answer as a yes and pushed the gun into its holster. He used the hand that wasn't covered in blood to grab her arm and began leading her back the way he came. Addison limped behind him. If it wasn't for the FBI logo that was sewn into his bullet proof vest she would've punched him fro touching her. She did her best to mask pain that shot though her arm as he led her the way he came.

"Do you know where he is?" Derek questioned, pulling the gun back out so he had it in his hand.

"No. I lost him. Are you taking me to Spencer?" Pain creeped into her voice and Derek stopped and.

"Did you get shot?" He moved the aside the blond hair that now looked deep red away from her shoulder. Addison pushed him away and started moving in the direction that he had tried to take them in.

"We can worry about that later. Right now there's a crazy dude running after us with a gun and no intention of letting me out of these woods alive." Derek nodded and they started moving at a faster pace. There wasn't anything he could do for her except get her to someone who knew the what the heck they were doing when it comes to gunshot wounds.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I followed after the man who I assumed was Derek Morgen. Spencer had described the men he was working with to me after he came home from the job interview. Rodney had to be close. We had spent to much time just standing there for him not to be.

Before he became a monster hunter he was a real hunter, the kind that went in the woods looking for meat. So there's no doubt in my mind that he was good at tracking, so he was either hot on our heels or he already knew where we were and was just waiting for the right moment to strike.

The trees around us were peaceful but it wasn't calming. The only sound that could be heard were leaves crunching underfoot. No squirrels, no birds, and no Rodney. Agent Morgen didn't seem to be as worried as I was but he didn't take his attention away from the trees. His gun wasn't raised but he gripped it tightly. His nose stopped bleeding and I couldn't help the quilt that rose in my stomach. Here's this guy that's trying to help me only to get kicked in the face. Nothing kills a man's ego faster then a woman braking some part of their body.

"How long have I been missing?" I found myself asking. Taking seemed to take my mind off the sharp stabbing pain that was shooting throughout my body.

"Spencer was gone for three days, and he waited 24 hours before he called us. So at least a day and a half." His voice was a little nasally but that was more then likely because I shattered his face. So I've been gone for three days. That's nice to know. I wonder how long it's been since he called my father.
Oh my god my dad knows where I'm at. Fuck. That is the last thing I need. Can't hunters leave me alone. Monsters have for the most part. I don't understand why I can't just have a normal life. A safe life. All I want is a nice husband to wake up next to, a beautiful baby, and a normal job. That's it.

My inner monologue was cut off by the tree to my left exploding. The next thing I knew Agent Morgen had shoved me behind another tree and was shooting at something behind me. This is great. Normally I wouldn't have hid but at this particular moment I just wanted to be left alone so I let Agent Morgen take over the situation, pressed myself to the tree and closed my eyes.
I don't know how long I sat there. Agent Morgen eventually grabbed my hand.

"We need to get back to the cabin." For the second time that day I didn't argue, just followed. My father would be proud. No, scratch that, my father would be pissed that I let myself get pulling into this whole situation. He would say some crap like 'I raised you to fight better then this' or 'you shouldn't have let your guard down'.

Agent Morgen was moving a lot after this time around and I had a hard time keeping up. Not because he was to fast, but because every time I took a step my feet threatened to give out underneath me. That would be bad. I always tried my best to not make anyone have to carry my ass around if it could be helped.

"I hope you know where the hell you're goin'." I said as we rushed through the forest. "I was to busy trying to get the hell away from him to pay attention to what direction I was going in." Agent Mogen assured me he knew where he was and it wasn't long before the tree line broke and we were in the same clearing as the cabin.

There were quiet a few police cars parked around and twice as more policemen. I didn't pay them any mind. Spencer was standing just inside the cabin. The only reason I knew he was there was because the door was pushed wide open. A few paramedics had seen me and were quickly making their towards me but I was faster.

Spencer didn't even notice me until I had almost knocked him down onto the rotted floor. His shoulder was pushed into my bad arm leaving blood stains on his shirt but I didn't care and I don't think he did either.