Chapter 26

I really hate people. I mean its one thing to judge someone but its a completely different thing when you make it obvious that that is what's being done. Sam walked next to me as we passed the couple. They couldn't have been any younger then their late fifties. The woman was holding onto her husbands arm with her left hand and her right one had moved to grip the cross that sat above her chest. Her eyes were trained onto the tattoo that took up the entire left side of my chest. If only she really knew what it was for, but I'm sure, just like every other proud christian, she probably thought I worshiped the devil in my free time. When she finally looked away from my chest I made eye contact with her and she was quick to start leading her insignificant other away from me.

"You look like your about to kill someone." Sam joked bumping his shoulder into me though with the height difference it was more like him almost hitting my head.

"I just hate how people assume." I shook my head. "I mean I don't hunt anymore, but when I did this tattoo helped me protect people like them. The people that get to sleep tucked into their self-righteous beds at night, not having to worry about keeping one eye open, thinking about how much better they are then anyone who doesn't believe what they do. And while they're doing that there are hunters out killing and being killed by the very things that their 'God' created." By the end of my rant, we had stopped walking down the sidewalk next to one of the playgrounds near the university and my voice was much louder then I had intended it to be. Luckily it's the middle of the week so all the kids were at school and their parents at work. Sam had just finished class for the day and he wanted to go on a jog. But considering the child inside of me and how Spencer thought I should take it easy we decided on just going for a walk.

"I remember when you first got that tattoo. Dad was really pissed until you explained what it meant and what it did."

"I don't really think he was pissed that I got it, but how I got it and when." I laughed. We had been Chicago. Dad was working a Skinwalker case and all of us kids were supposed to stay inside the motel room because Dad didn't trust one of the hunters we was working with at the time. I ended up sneaking out while Dean was in the shower, the only time that he ever really let me out of his sight, it was my fifteenth birthday and I wanted a tattoo. I found a shady tattoo parlor and with my fake ID convinced them I was a young looking 18 year old, what can I say, I bloomed early, then four hours later I came out with this tattoo.

"Dean almost killed you."

"Yeah because I managed to sneak out on his watch." I rolled my eyes. Dean and have always had a rocky relationship. When Dad had first started take the both of us hunting, Dean before me, Dad had made it Dean's first priority to keep me safe and he took that very seriously. I didn't like the idea of my older brother protecting me and he didn't like that I never listened to him. He didn't like that I didn't listen to Dad either but that's another story, anyway both of us were told to take care of Sam so that was something we shared. I also think that's another thing that really pissed him off when I left. It had been his 'job' to take care of me, to make sure that I get into to much trouble and I completely jumped ship. We had some good times but those time normally ended up with the two of us fighting.

"After you left he was a lot more of a hard-ass about that."

"Dean or Dad?"

"Both of them." I nodded. I can see that happening. "What does your boyfriend think about the tattoo? I mean since you didn't tell him about the supernatural, you couldn't tell him the actual meaning."

"Actually I did tell him the meaning behind it." We started walking again once I realized we were still just standing there. "Mostly because if he knew anything about Demonology he would have more then likely seen it before. So I told him thinking that he already knew, and if he didn't then I didn't want him to think I was a satin worshiping freak." I laughed at my fifthteen year old self's thoughts.