Goldfish

You were sitting in 221B with your roommate Sherlock Holmes when someone knocked on the door. Sherlock didn't make a move to open the door and neither did you. ''Someone should open the door it could be a client.'' You said after the person knocked again. ''It's not a client (Y/N). It's Mycroft.'' Sherlock replied. ''Who's Mycroft?'' You asked curiously. ''My older brother.'' He sighed. This caught your attention, you didn't know that Sherlock had any siblings and if this Mycroft was anything like Sherlock you had to meet him. You decided to get up to open the door. ''(Y/N) do not open the door!'' Sherlock warned but you didn't listen. You opened the door and was greeted by a very posh looking man. He was wearing a grey suit with a black tie and a black umbrella in his hand. ''Hello, you must be (Y/N) my brother's roommate.'' He said. There was coldness in his voice and his facial expression was blank. Something about this man made you feel all fuzzy on the inside and you blushed as he entered the room. ''Sherlock we need to talk.'' Mycroft said without speaking or looking at you again. You were used to people not caring about you but you really liked this man and it hurt a little. You went to the kitchen to make yourself, Sherlock and the guest a cuppa. You tried not to listen to their conversation but eventually you let curiosity take over. ''Oh yes. Friends. Of course, you go in for that sort of thing now.'' You heard Mycroft say. ''And you don't? Ever?'' Sherlock remarked, you could almost hear the smirk in his voice. ''If you seem slow to me, Sherlock, can you imagine what real people are like? I'm living in a world of goldfish.'' Mycroft replied, you felt a tear slip down your cheek. You quickly wiped it away, you didn't know why you were crying, you only just met this man but you were already hopelessly in love. You continued making the tea while listening to the conversation between the Holmes brothers. ''I saw the way you looked at (Y/N). Have you found yourself a goldfish Mycroft?'' You almost dropped the tea cup as you heard what Sherlock said. The way Mycroft looked at you? Was he implying that this man was interested in you. You could feel butterflies in your stomach. You breathed in deeply before taking the cups to the living room, you barely managed to keep the butterflies calm when Mycroft lightly touched your fingers as he took the cup from you. You felt your cheeks glowing and you quickly left to the kitchen again and decided to drink your tea there. Sherlock had a childish grin on his face as he winked dramatically at you. Mycroft drank his tea within a minute and left without saying goodbye. ''You like him.'' Sherlock pointed out as you sat back on the chair across from Sherlock. You could smell the strong cologne that Mycroft was wearing and your cheeks started to glow again. ''I-I don't know what you're talking about Sherlock.'' You tried to say nonchalantly but failing miserably. Sherlock drank his tea and grabbed his violin and started to play. You immediately recognised the song. It was the song Beauty and the Beast from your favourite Disney movie with the same name. You blushed furiously and Sherlock grinned when he saw your face. Sherlock finished playing the song and you continued casually sipping your tea and ignoring Sherlock. Sherlock looked at his phone and his face lit up with happiness. ''Finally a case! Got to go (Y/N).'' Sherlock said as he grabbed his coat and scarf and left the apartment. You sighed and made yourself another cuppa. You were just about to sit down on your chair again when you noticed a black umbrella leaning against it.

An hour later someone knocked on the door of the apartment. You fell asleep in your chair and didn't notice it when Mycroft opened the door and let himself in. He looked around for his umbrella and noticed that you were holding it while you slept. He smiled slightly at the sight of you. You were tightly holding the handle of the umbrella as it rested on your lap. He thought you looked absolutely adorable. He didn't want to wake you so he carefully walked over to you and tried to get his umbrella loose from your grip. You were holding it very tightly and Mycroft had to untangle your fingers from the handle which woke you up. ''Mycroft?'' You said softly as you opened your eyes. ''Good evening, sleep well?'' He asked politely. You nodded and rubbed the sleep out of your eyes. ''Well I should leave. Have a lovely evening (Y/N).'' He said as he walked away. ''Stay.'' You blurted out before you could think your words through. You covered your mouth with your hand when you realised what you just said. ''S-sorry I didn't mean to uh bye.'' You said quickly. Mycroft smiled warmly at you. You had never seen him smile like that and the butterflies appeared again. ''I can stay if you want.'' He said softly as he took a step closer to you. You nodded because you were unable to speak with him so close to you. Mycroft took his coat off and sat down on the couch which was now covered in bullet holes (Sherlock was bored again). He patted the empty spot next to him and you quickly sat down next to him. ''Why do you want me to stay (Y/N)?'' He asked with a smirk on his face. Your face heated up again and you muttered something about being lonely. You didn't want to tell him the truth about your feelings for him and you certainly didn't want him to know about the other thing. ''You can tell me the truth dear.'' He whispered in your ear. You tensed up as he wrapped his arm around your shoulder but quickly relaxed when he pulled you closer to him. You rested your head on his chest and his slow heart rhythm calmed you down. ''Did Sherlock tell you?'' You said on the verge of breaking down crying. ''He told me about your feelings for me but I deduced the other thing.'' He explained. You nodded and fought hard to hold back your tears. ''I'm sorry Mycroft.'' You sobbed, you couldn't stop yourself from crying. Mycroft carefully lifted you off of his chest and forced you to look him in the eyes. ''I'll always be there for you.'' He said softly. You started crying even more and Mycroft hugged you tightly. ''Always.'' He whispered in your ear. He stroked your hair and whispered sweet words until you fell asleep in his arms. He carefully got up and covered you with a blanket before searching the entire apartment for drugs. He made sure that he had gotten rid of everything, he was going to help you with your addiction no matter how hard it would be.