Silent Treatment

This was requested by PrincessPeach211 

I reached 50K yesterday and I'm so happy! This book is already close to 52K and I just want to thank you for all your support. I can't explain how happy this makes me! I'm also nearing 100 oneshots so if you have an idea to make the 100th oneshot a very special one, let me know! Thank you so much everyone! ♥ 

~***~ 

''Come on, darling.'' You encouraged your daughter. She remained quiet and kept staring in front of her, completely ignoring the world around her. This was one of her bad days. She would ignore everything and everyone around her. She wouldn't eat or sleep. She'd just sit and stare in front of her. Her good days weren't exactly what you could call good but it was much better than the other days. On a good day she would eat and sleep like a normal toddler would and she would even play with her toys sometimes. But she would never speak. Not since the murder... 

Your five year old daughter, Lilah, saw how someone brutally murdered her father when she was four years old. She completely stopped talking after that. You had tried everything to just get her to say one word but she never did.

You sighed and gave up trying to get Lilah to speak. You unbuckled her seatbelt and lifted her out of her car seat. You locked the doors of the car and entered the building for Lilah's and your appointment. You were also having a difficult time. You missed your husband each and every day. Seeing Lilah everyday made it even more difficult, she looked so much like her dad. You sighed as you sat down in the waiting room, it usually didn't take long before it was your turn to see the therapist. There weren't a lot of people in the waiting room. It was just you, Lilah and an unfamiliar man who sat in the corner of the room, his eyes closed. He had dark, curly hair and a perfectly shaped face. His cupid's bow was very sharp and so were his cheekbones. You were admiring his appearance when all of a sudden Lilah tried to get off your lap. You put her down on the floor, happy that she was moving again and doing something. She shakily stood up but quickly regained her balance and started walking over to the stranger you were just staring at. Before you could comprehend what was going on and stop Lilah from bothering the man, she was already tugging at the fabric of his pants. His eyes opened and he looked down. ''Hello.'' He greeted. Lilah remained silent and tried to climb on top of his lap. You jumped up and intervened, not wanting to bother the man. ''I'm so sorry. She never does that.'' You apologised quickly, picking Lilah up and holding her tightly. She started struggling and reached for the man. Soft whines were escaping her mouth as she tried to escape from your grip. ''May I?'' He asked, gesturing to take Lilah from you. You hesitated for a few moments but Lilah was determined to get to the man so you gave in. He took Lilah from your arms and put her on top of his lap. She immediately calmed down and started playing with the blue scarf that was tied around his neck. You sat down in the chair next to him and kept a close eye on Lilah.

''My name is Sherlock Holmes.'' The man introduced, reaching his free hand out for you to shake. ''I'm (Y/L/N).'' You said, shaking his hand. Lilah tried standing as she was on top of Sherlock's lap and nearly lost her balance. He quickly grabbed her and kept her from falling. ''Careful, little one.'' He warned, setting her down on his lap again. He turned to face you again and smiled worriedly. ''Are you all right?'' He asked, noticing the confused expression on your face. ''Y-Yes, I'm fine. It's just that she has never done this before. She usually hates coming near strangers and refuses to let anyone but me hold her.'' You explained. He nodded in understanding and focussed on Lilah. ''What's your name, darling.'' He asked her, smiling softly. Lilah looked up at him, her blue eyes staring straight through him. You bit your lip and sighed. ''Her name is Lilah. I'm sorry, she never talks to anyone. Not since—'' You quickly cut yourself off, not wanting to bother Sherlock with your problems. ''Not since what?'' He asked. You felt tears form in your eyes and you blinked a couple of times to keep them from falling. ''She saw how her father was... murdered. She stopped talking after that.'' You explained softly. Sherlock didn't say anything, he didn't know what he could possibly say.

Lilah yawned and rested her small head against Sherlock's chest, pulling his scarf against her face as she started to fall asleep. You smiled and kissed her cheek. ''Thank you, Sherlock.'' You whispered, not wanting to wake up Lilah. ''What for?'' He wondered. ''Making her smile and managing to get her to go asleep that easily.'' Sherlock was about to respond when the therapist walked in and called you and Lilah inside. ''It was lovely meeting you.'' You told Sherlock, taking Lilah from him. You walked over to the therapist and were about to enter the office when Sherlock's voice stopped you. ''You're a great mother, (Y/N). Don't ever think that it's all your fault because it's not. Lilah will get through this and so will you.'' You wiped the tears from your eyes that had formed due to his meaningful words. ''Thank you.'' You quickly followed the therapist inside and started the session.

---

You finished cooking dinner and put a plate in front of Lilah. You sat down next to her and ate a few potatoes as you hoped that she would too. You finished eating after a while but Lilah hadn't touched her food yet. ''Darling, eat something, please.'' You begged. She looked at you and shook her head. ''Wait for Sherlock.'' She said. Your mouth fell open. ''Did-Did you just say something?!'' You couldn't believe that Lilah was talking again. ''Sherlock.'' She repeated. You smiled widely and picked her up, hugging and kissing her. ''I'm so proud of you.'' You whispered. Lilah smiled and wrapped her tiny arms around your neck. ''Sherlock!'' She exclaimed. You chuckled and nodded. ''Let's go see Sherlock.''

You got in the car and started driving to Baker Street. It had been a couple of months since you first met Sherlock and you had become very good friends with him. You'd visit him occasionally and you'd always bring Lilah along. She absolutely adored Sherlock in every way possible. She smiled the brightest when he was around. You smiled as Lilah kept saying 'Sherlock' over and over again on the way to Baker Street. You were beyond happy that she was talking again, even if it was just about Sherlock. You reached your destination and hurried yourself and Lilah out of the car. You rang the bell and waited for Sherlock to open the door. You smiled widely as you heard his footsteps descending the stairs. ''Sherlock!'' Lilah squealed as he opened the door. His mouth fell open, just like yours did, and he stared at Lilah. ''She spoke.'' He muttered. You nodded and handed Lilah over to him. ''Sherlock, Sherlock, Sherlock, Sherlock!'' Lilah shouted happily. He smirked and kissed her forehead. ''It's good to see you too, Lilah.'' You followed Sherlock upstairs to his flat as Lilah continued to shout his name.

You sat down in the red chair as Sherlock sat down in his black one, letting Lilah run around the flat. She was much more active when she was at 221B Baker Street. ''Thank you for everything, Sherlock. I don't know how you did it but she's talking again because of you.'' He shook his head and smiled. ''You're a great mother, (Y/N). It's because of you too.'' You blushed slightly and decided that you could no longer keep it in. ''Would you like to go out with me soon?'' You blurted out. ''A-As friends or.... more?'' He asked you. He seemed hesitant and confused. ''I was hoping more but if you're not—'' He cut you off before you could finish talking. ''I'd love to.'' You smiled and nodded gratefully. ''I'm looking forward to it.'' You admitted. He winked at you as Lilah came running back. You couldn't be happier.