I Can't Keep It Inside

Sherlock was out on a case with John. You were alone in the apartment you shared with your boyfriend, Sherlock Holmes. It was getting late so you decided to start cooking dinner. Sherlock wouldn't be home for another hour so that gave you enough time to make a nice dinner for the two of you. You put on some music and softly sang along with the songs that you knew. You were about to start on the chicken when your phone rang. You turned off the music and answered the call. ''Hello.'' You said. ''(Y/N), are you sitting down?'' The voice, you recognised as your brother asked. You walked over to the black chair and sat down. ''I am now. What's going on?'' You started to get worried. ''I have some bad news (Y/N). Dad, he-he had a heart attack. He didn't make it, sis. He's gone.'' Your brother stopped talking and was crying softly. It was as if your world stopped. You dropped your phone and started crying uncontrollably. Your father was your best friend and you couldn't believe that he was gone. You started to cry even more and didn't hear it when the water started to boil. You buried your face in your hands and continued to cry.

Sherlock solved the case and was now back at the apartment. He slowly mad his way up the stairs. He entered the flat and immediately rushed over to the kitchen when he saw the water boiling and flooding the entire kitchen. ''(Y/N)! What the hell!'' He yelled. He came back to the living room and saw that you were crying your eyes out. ''Oh Sweetheart what's wrong.'' He rushed over to you, immediately regretting that he yelled. He lifted you from his chair and sat down, putting you on his lap. He wrapped his arms around you and you rested your head on his shoulder, still crying. Sherlock didn't ask any questions, he just whispered sweet words in your ear and stroked your hair. You stopped crying after a while but you felt very weak and dehydrated and you had no energy left. ''What's wrong Sweetheart?'' He asked softly. You couldn't get the words out of your mouth. Saying them out loud would make it even more real. You started to cry again and Sherlock continued to stroke your hair and whisper sweet words to you. ''I understand that it's hard to say out loud Sweetheart. I want to help you but you have to tell me what's wrong. Who died?'' Sherlock obviously deduced that you lost a close family member but he couldn't deduce who. ''My d-dad.'' You sobbed. Sherlock knew how close you and your father were and he actually liked your dad as well. ''Oh Sweetheart. I'm so sorry.'' Sherlock always had something to say but not right now. He didn't know what to say and it was killing him to see you like this and not being able to take away your pain.

You were exhausted but you couldn't go to sleep. Sherlock was asleep in the spot next to you and you envied his ability to sleep. You felt tears rolling down your cheeks again and you didn't even try to stop them anymore. ''(Y/N)?'' A sleepy Sherlock sat up and pulled you in for a hug. His touch calmed you down and you stopped crying. ''Can't sleep?'' He asked. You shook your head and wrapped your arms around his waist. Neither of you knew what to say so Sherlock started to sing.

''Well I've never been a man of many words. And there's nothing I could say that you haven't heard. But I'll sing you love songs 'til the day I die. The way I'm feeling. I can't keep it inside. I'll sing a sweet serenade whenever you're feeling sad. And a lullaby each night before you go to bed. I'll sing to you for the rest of your life. The way I'm feeling. I can't keep it inside!''

Sherlock noticed that you had fallen asleep when he stopped singing. He covered you with the blankets and held you tightly against his chest. He slowly started to drift off to the sound of your slow breathing and steady heartbeat.

A/N:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1,5K READS!

I never thought that I would get so many reads and I'm beyond happy! Thank you to all the people who voted and thank you to everyone who left a comment. It makes me so happy to see that you enjoy the silly things that I write.

If you have any requests, let me know!