A Monster

Requested by casdeansammy719

If you could take the time to answer the following question about the future of my oneshots that'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance ♥

This oneshots book is nearing the 200 parts. And my question for you all is whether you want me to continue in this book if Wattpad will allow me to, start a new oneshots book or completely stop the oneshots in general. I really need your opinion on this, so I'll know what you are looking for.

~***~

''Mr Moriarty, I beg of you! I will try harder next time, I promise! Please, sir.'' The man before me pleaded. I rolled my eyes and yawned. Why couldn't people be more creative when they were begging for their life? It was always the same lines. 'Please, sir!' and 'I'm sorry, sir!', it just got boring to listen to.

He tried to open his mouth to start another exhausting speech in order to get me to spare him but I was quicker. ''Just shut up, would you?!'' I whined, throwing my head back in annoyance. I aimed my gun at the man's - who's name I already forgot - head and saved myself from yet another dull plea. I sighed in frustration and dropped the gun on the floor, lowering my head in the process. ''I need a drink,'' I muttered to myself. I checked my reflection in the mirror that happened to take up most of the man's living room and wiped off all the blood that accidentally landed on my face. I flashed myself a big smile and winked before turning around and exiting the scene of crime.

When I walked out of the building, a car was already waiting for me. Managing to keep curious eyes at a distance by covering my bloody suit with the long coat I stole from Sherlock Holmes, I hurriedly got in and ordered my driver to take me back to my home as quickly as he could.

It was only a matter of minutes before I already got out of the vehicle and made my way into my mansion, ready to fall onto the sofa and not get up for another three years. Committing crimes really does wear a man out. I dropped my keys onto the coffee table and dove face-first onto the red couch. A loud and forceful groan escaped my lips as I let my limbs dangle from the side of the furniture piece. I heard a soft giggle behind me and with all my strength, I managed to move my head enough to see my girlfriend, (Y/N), standing in the doorway with her arms crossed and a wide smile on her face.

''How was work?'' She joked.

I buried my face in the soft cushions again, muffling the curse words that proceeded to come out of my mouth.

''Oh gosh. Sounds like fun! I wish I was there,'' (Y/N) said, avoiding my head as she sat down as well.

''You can take care of the next one then,'' I mumbled.

Her warm hand stroked my hair and I instantly felt at ease and relaxed.

''Of course, Darling,'' She whispered, pressing a kiss to the back of my head. As quick as her hand was in my hair, it disappeared again as she got up from the sofa. ''I'm going to take a shower,'' She announced before I heard her soft footsteps climb the stairs to the master bathroom.

Soon, the dripping of water could be heard as well as (Y/N)'s beautiful singing voice. As she sang the lyrics of Stayin' Alive, I felt my mouth curl upwards into a smile. Just being in her presence or listening to her singing could lighten my mood instantly.

I hoisted myself up from the couch and adjusted to a more normal sitting position. I lazily looked around my living room, searching for something to do in order to get rid of that nagging boredom. Keeping a low profile for a few years like I had planned wasn't going very well. People constantly got on my nerves now, thinking that I was dead seemed to open endless possibilities for them to try and break down my criminal network and rule over it themselves. I wasn't keen on the idea of just sitting back and watching them destroy my name while I was obviously capable of doing something about it. Unlike the beliefs of the world, I wasn't even remotely dead. It had all been a plan to try and trick Sherlock Holmes into killing himself, which had worked perfectly. My nemesis was dead while I still played the battlefields.