Chapter 02 - Arrival at Dubai

"Ladies and Gentlemen !
Welcome to Dubai International Airport.

If you require deplaning assistance, please remain in your seat until all other passengers have deplaned. One of our crew members will then be pleased to assist you.

On behalf of Qatar Airways and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice trip" The flight attendant announce.

I quickly untie my hair from the ponytail and wear my tourist hat and try straightening my white round neck tshirt.My black denim jeans look perfect with it.Only if I felt a bit more fresh I would have considered taking some pictures.I yawn feeling tired, my eyes feel heavy.I'm going to take a very long nap as soon as I reach at Nanu's house.Collecting my stuff I get up from my seat and exit the plane.

After finally getting my handcarry I quickly make my way to the exit. Dubai airport is gigantic and ignoring my desire to explore is getting harder every padding second.

No Anaya focus!!

I check my watch,whoops its 5.45 pm .
I can make it to Nanu's place in an hour and then we can have dinner togather.

Just thinking about dinner made my stomach grawl. I have'nt eaten since last night and I'm literally femished.

As soon as I step outside the airport the bright city lights and a full moon welcomes me.

WAIT ! WHAT?

Its still evening according to my clock..

The sudden realization of my stupidity hit me hard.
DARN my watch is showing time at New Orleans, and UAE is 8 hours ahead which means its 1.45am here in dubai.

BUSTED!

How can I be soo stupid?It's 1.45 in the morning and here I am alone in the streets of Dubai.I can't go at Nanu's place right now , she must be sleeping and disturbing her at this hour of night is the last thing I would want to do.

Where will I eat now?

Ufffff .. How I wished to have dinner with Nanu and here I am all alone and hungry. This could'nt get any better right?

I decided to spend the night at some cheap hotel. Looking for a taxi I started moving around the streets when suddenly something cought my eye.

I can see two shadows behind me.

Two tall shadows right behind.

Ya Allah ! Why did'nt I notice weird movements behind me before?
Holding my bag tightly I did something I was very good at.

RUNNING.

I started to run like a mad women on the streets until I saw a huge fancy hotel with alot of guards standing outside.
Ok spending a night here will cost me a fortune but I can just sit in the hotel's lobby for a few hours and pretend to wait for someone until the coast is clear and its safe to go outside.

I quickly straighten my body posture and start advancing towards the hotel.The security guard eyed me suspiciously and I just smiled in return.I was about to enter the hotel when one of the guards stopped me and asked for my entry pass.

"What pass? You need a special pass to enter a hotel? Are you kidding me?" I said trying to sound funny.

"Ma'am if you dont have a pass kindly .. "

At mid'st of his sentence I heard a Titanic themed ringtone.To my utter surprise it was the security guard's cellphone that was ringing.

I smirked at his choise of ringtone and to my amazement he looked pretty embarrassed himself.