Chapter 08 - Ms.Mystery

I feel so weird being alone in a room with him.I look in his direction to see his expressions.Usually brides expect their grooms to look surprised at her first sight .. Infact I've seen grooms ogling their brides but his expression were totally what I had expected.
Disapproving and ... sad?

"I hope now you are fully aware of the situation?" He asks to which I just nod.

"There will be alot of people today .. we must appear a happy couple or else they'll know something is fishy alright?" He asked and I nod again.

"Oh please just drop the bridal act .. We ain't a real couple anyway ! " He exclaimed

"Yeah I know we are not a real couple !! " I replied rudely.

"Good for you .. Now lets leave for the function." He offers his hand to me which obviously I ignore and try to leave the chair I'm sitting at on my own but DARN my heavy dress and high heel sandals cause me to disbalance and fall on the chair again.

Rolling his eyes Asher offers his hand again which this time I accept willingly.

Holding my hand tight he pull me up so abruptly that our foreheads bump with each other and we both thoughtlessly start rubbing my forehead.

Yeah Asher too was rubbing my forehead and asks me if I'm fine. I find it a bit weird .. naah surprising.
Fine I'll be honest .. To me it was a very surprising &... sweet gesture.

Holding my hands tight he start leading me towards the stairs.I can see the whole house decorated and from what I guess the wedding reception arrangements have been made in the lawn.

Today is the first time I am seeing this villa properly .. Its huge and very extravagant I must say. Everything in this house speaks money, from the beautiful lamps and curtains to the comfortable furniture , almost everything indicates perfection.
Everything here is the definition of elegance and beauty but yet there's something which makes this house appear so ... lifelesss.

I guess everything is too perfect and white for my liking .. but then again my liking doesn't matter in anything.
May it be my life or a stranger's house.

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't notice the next step and staggered on my way. Asher quickly holds me from my waist and hold me tight so that I don't slip away.

The worst thing was, my staggering or twisted feet didn't affect me as much as Asher's hand on my waist did.I felt a bolt of lightening inside of me and my quick reflexes pushed his hand away.

NO ONE HAS EVER TOUCHED ME THERE, SPECIALLY A GUY !!

I may not be a very good muslim but I've never let any guy touch me. I don't know if thats what a girl feels if a guy touches her accidentally but what I felt was way too electrifying.We both were embarrassed by our actions but then Asher decided to break the ice.

"Quite clumsy, aren't we?"He smirked.

"Quite sarcastic, aren't we?"I glared.

"That wasn't even sarcasm ! But hey your sandal's straps are not quite done. Wait .. let me do it for you." He kneel down and start fixing my heel gladiator sandals.

I stand still on my place looking at him in shock.

Does sheikh men ever fix the shoe strap of women? From when did men become so kind and caring. I thought it was only fathers who fix their daughter's shoe. Am I dreaming?

When he's done fixing my sandal's straps, he leads me to the beautifully decorated lawn in his villa.There are several people in there and everyone cheers on our first sight. I get lots of hugs and kisses from different women while Asher go through the same thing with different men.