Chapter 04 - "Qubul hai"

They say life is full of surprises.Well now I know why they say so.

All life is manifestation of spirit , the manifestation of love , the manifestation of desire , the manifestation of emotions and the manifestation of dreams.

Life is unpredictable.Lets say an unpredictable illusion.

Here I am in an unpredictable situation, on an unpredictable land.

"Whats going on?" I asked waking up from my third round of slumber.

I am sitting on huge comfortable chair. I still can't feel my legs or perhaps I should say my body.My eyes are burning and I've a horrible headache.
I don't know what that monster has been injecting into me but it has got some very bad after effects.

"We're dressing you up." Says someone.

I look at the girl who is doing something with my hair.She smiles at me warmly.Her pink hijab is loosely tied around her neck and I don't know why but her face has a certain glow which makes her look even more beautiful.Her touch is gentle and just by the looks of her I can tell she's easy to talk with.

"Why?" I ask her.

She takes a deep breath as if preparing herself for some difficult task.I can tell something is just not right.

Looking at the other two girls who were busy putting some jewelry on my hands, she motions them to leave.

My hands feel heavy.I look at my hands unconsciously just to findout they're covered with heavy bangles and my fingers have some rings on it too.
I quickly look at the mirror placed infront of me and is shocked to see my refelection.

Is it really me?

I'm wearing a long white heavily embellished dress. .My neck is covered with a heavy diamond choker.

Why am I dressed like a ..

"You're getting married." Says the beautiful hijabi girl.

"Huh?" I reply in confusion.

"Look please don't panic .. I hate to break it to you this way but you were kidnapped by one of the most powerful man here in Dubai who now wants to marry you" She completes.

"What the ..." I was about to complete my sentence when she stops me abruptly.

"DONT ! " she says quickly.

"Please dont curse.Islam does not appreciate women who curses or is foul-mouthed." She adds.

"And Islam do appreciate forced marriages?" I ask trembling.

I now understand fully what is going on.First I got abducted by some stupid old man and now he wants to marry me too.

He wants me to be his wife!

Oh God what am I gonna do now?Will I ever be able to go back home?What would be going on at my home right now?

Ammi must be so worried.She surely would have involved the police in finding me by now since it's been more thn 48 hours since I'm missing.I miss Ammi so much.

I feel so tired and weak that crying also seems difficult.My eyes refuse to listen to my instincts and my mind refuse to register all of this.I feel so lifeless and empty.What does a normal person in my situation usually do?

"NO ! Forced marriages are also prohibited in Islam and I know what you're saying but none of us can do anything to help you rightnow. This man doesn't care for religion." She says sighing.

"You can help me run. " I say hoping for some postive answer.

She look at me as if I just asked her to donate both of her kidneys. After staring me for 10 seconds straight she says something I never expected.