Chapter 33 - Wind Chimes

I miss those beautiful old times
When love was like wind chimes

It would tinkle with every breeze
Each moment you'd want to freeze

My hands began to tremble as my tears trailed down my cheeks onto the long canvas I was using for my calligraphy. I am no poet, just felt like pouring my feelings into words that don't even make sense.

Why am I doing this? It doesn't help at all, in fact, it only brings back memories I want to bury in the deep graveyard of my emotions.

The chimes used to sing of fate

Assurity stamped on bars of chocolate

My heart wept as I continued to write how can I forget that morning when I received a beautifully decorated basket of my favorite chocolates from Asher when we were staying with grandpa. I smiled remembering how he asked me to meet him at Sugar Hills Cafe but I never showed up and he got so pissed.

The tinkle used to last for hours
Sometimes in the form of flowers

"Will you please check if there's any water bottle on the back seat? "Asher's voice played in my head from the time when he drove me to his award ceremony in Singapore. How smartly he placed the bouquet on the backseat yet I played dumb and pretended to not see them.

The chimes used to turn shy
In late hours of texts and still no goodbye

I wiped my paintbrush thinking about the time Asher compared me to a puppy. How mad I was lying right next to him on the bed, instead of talking to me he texted me. It was hilarious yet so romantic.

Sometimes the tinkle could be heard on heights
With so much drama yet little fights

It majorly cut down our time to sleep
But yet somehow we never felt to weep

Often the chimes were silent but you heard,
I was surprised how deeply you observed

Observed seems to be a small word, in Asher's case, I felt like he had studied and learned me. How he'd always know if my emotions were genuine or I was faking. The time he told me how I get dimples when I'm pretending to be asleep, I was shocked at how deeply he observed every inch of me.

Onetime the chimes were accidentally broken,
My God it kept you woken !!

I still remember the day Asher watched me sleep. How he slept on the floor by my door to keep a check on my well-being. Stubborn me didn't allow him inside so poor he decided to make his night miserable. That day I knew you'd do anything to make amendments.

I thought these chimes will never wrinkle,
But I guess it just wasn't too simple.

Now the chimes speak louder than ever,
But you ignore the plea, damn you're clever.

I've been miserable and worse since Asher and Ujala's relationship was revealed, he knows but he's silent.

The tune of chimes are nowhere to find,
But I guess you don't really mind.