Chapter 26 - I love Him

" Last night was intense.." Zaaf commented as she stuffed some cereal in her mouth.

"It's so difficult to imagine the perfect grandpa as.. someone he described yesterday in his youth." Ujala confessed.

"It is but.. at the same time it makes us feel less worse about ourselves. Maybe this is just a phase and it will pass too." I commented.

" Yeah it kind of gives hope that everyone gets their Happily Ever After as they grow old .." Sarah smiled as she served me my Apple juice.

" Not every one gets the chance to grow old and live their Happily Ever After Sarah. " Zaaf spoke sadly.

Sometimes Zaaf makes my heart swell.. but other times she's one rude fish. I wish she was a little nicer to me so I wouldn't had to think if I should hug her or not at situations like these.

" Zaaf, it's not necessary that everyone get their Happily Ever After only once they're older. A Happily Ever After can began after that any moment in which you break through the odds or you find the true purpose of your life or you discover your inner strengths or your heart gets free or.. you find that one person you would want to dedicate your life to. It can be any stage of your life.. No matter how old you are. " I try to reason.

Zaaf pass me a brief hopeful look.

" Alright ladies!! Just a friendly reminder, please get dressed before the evening because the event is going to start early. If you have to run any emergency errands before the event, please do it now. Ujala you will enter the event with Sumair, Zaaf you will be accompanying grandpa, Anaya will come with Asher and Sarah.. umm.. who should I fit you with.. okay since no one is left I'll accompany you. " Shanzay announced as he enters the living room with Asher.

" I think, I shouldn't go, I'm not needed their plus I don't blend well with the elite class. " Sarah speaks.

" You're not made to blend but to stand out. " Shanzay spoke warmly looking into her eyes for a brief moment until he realized how everyone was eyeing him weirdly, even Sarah looked uncomfortable.

" I would have said that but dear Sarah, it's a grand event and we'll be needing someone to look after grandpa all the time so you have to go." Shanzay quickly added.

"I think I won't be able to go. I'm really not feeling well and.." I try to excuse.

"Oh here it starts again." Zaaf bickers.

Urgh why do I have to tolerate her.

"Anaya it's a grand event.. everyone would be there even the media, they will create huge rumors if you wouldn't be seen with Asher." Shanzay explains.

"I know but you see the thing is.." I try to form another excuse.

"Naaya you can't runaway from every event like that.." Asher scolds.

"I am not running away. I'm just not.." I quickly try to reason.

" Yes you are!! Anaya it's not just about the people and media.. It's about me to. I want you to be there for me like if I don't win that award God forbid, to cheer me up or to be the part of celebration if I do win. " Asher tries to convince me.

Oh those eyes.

" I.."

" Let it be Asher. If she doesn't want to come it's her choice, you don't have to beg okay? Plus there are alot more people out there who will be there for you to be a part of your happiness or sadness." Zaaf interjects.

This was it.. I can't tolerate her anymore so I finally scolded her in quite a loud pitch that shocked everyone. "Oh shutup Zaaf. You don't always have to intervene between your brother and sister in law. I'm really sick of this attitude of yours.. You're.."