Chapter 32 - Murderer

I was sitting peacefully on the grass looking at the dark clouds and the sun hiding behind it. On any other day I might've been excited for the rainy weather but today it all feels gloomy and sad.

" I was looking for you everywhere " Zaaf waves at me as she slowly walk closer and sit right next to me on the grass.

" Me? Why?"

" No reason, felt like talking to you."

" Ohh.. Where's Ujala?" I asked genuinely concerned. Haven't seen her since her discharge from the hospital. Hope she's fine.

" She's in her room resting, doctors have advised her bed rest. Her blood sugar level has been dangerously low. But even if she was alright, knowing her she wouldn't have the heart to talk to you."

" Why is that so?" I asked even though I knew exactly why.

" You know exactly why Anaya, Ujala loves you just like she loves me. She never intended to hurt you. " Zaaf holds my hand and smiles politely at me.

" You don't have to tell me that Zaaf. I know already and I'm not at all mad at her infact I'm thankful to her for all that she has done for me. It's not easy to share someone you love deeply with someone else. Yet she did it just to save my life." A tear slipped my eye as I said that.

" Remember I told you once about Ujala and my childhood when our mum died? "

" Yeah? "

" Remember I told you how my Aunt from paternal side got Ujala's custody and she used to treat Ujala very poorly and Asher's mum and Grandpaa were trying to figure out ways to get Ujala's custody too. "

" Yeah, I remember that. "

" Remember I told you how one night my Aunt threw Ujala out of her place in the middle of the night and khala and grandpaa brought her home. "

" Yeah I remember that too.. But why are you telling me again? "

" Since my Aunt still had Ujala's custody and she had the judge's and everyone else's sympathy too as my uncle had just passed away, the only way to keep Ujala with us was to get her engaged with Asher. " I flinched a little as Zaaf told me that.

" Ohhh.. " was all I managed to say.

" Ujala suffered for six long years in my Aunts custody. Grandpaa and Asher's mum could not let her suffer more. In our community if two people gets engaged, no custody or court orders are paid any importance against that. "

" I see.."

" Remember how mad I were at your reception ceremony and I accused Asher for not keeping his promise? "

" How can I forget.. " I fake chuckled and Zaaf chuckled too.

" Well Khala made Asher promise at the day of their engagement that he will always protect Ujala no matter what. When Asher married you, I was really worried for Ujala as she was pregnant and a pregnant women without a husband cannot survive in our community. " Zaaf explains.

" Ujala is one of the most selfless people I know. She has gone through so much that even I want to see her happy. I'm glad she and Asher fell in love later even if the engagement was an emergency ordeal. ". I spoke lowly.

" Yeah, first they became best of friends. Nobody could understand Asher the way Ujala did, Asher immediately was head over heels for Ujala. " Zaaf smiled as her words pierced a hole in my heart.

" What about Ujala? "

" huh? " Zaaf seemed a little taken back from my question.

" Did Ujala too fell in love with Asher? " I asked.