Chapter 3

"Then can I have your number?" I asked, getting my phone and waving it

He gave me an unamused face, making me feel disheartened for a short while. Out of the blue, my phone started to ring as I answered it without even looking at the caller.

"Hello?"

Yoongi just stared at me, shaking his head afterwards. He got his own phone and started to scroll through whatever he's reading.

"Noona!"

My eyes brightened as I soon heard the voice. Yoongi then looked up from his phone, smiling slightly at me. Ah, I kinda get it now.

"Chul?" I asked sweetly

"Yes! Yes! Where are you, noona? Mom and dad are going crazy!" he said

My smile faded away when he mentioned our parents. I felt a little agitated as Yoongi stared at me with a raised eyebrow. I clenched my jaw as I looked away for a moment.

"I see. I'll be back soon." I said

"Yay! See you, noona!" he cheered

I laughed a little, shaking my head a little.

"Bye Chul!" I sang

With that, the call ended. I placed my phone back in my pocket as I noticed Yoongi's gaze on me. I smiled awkwardly that made him chuckle lightly.

"You have a problem with your parents?" he asked

I froze a little, feeling a lump form in my throat. I scooted closer to him on the piano seat, placing my hands on the piano keys as well.

"Well... yeah. I mean, are they even really my parents?" I said

He nodded in acknowledgement as he played a specific chord.

"They don't really know me. I'm simply a doll that they can manipulate easily." I said

"Well, it's up to you if you will let them control you." he said

"I don't have a choice. As much as possible, I have to be the daughter that they want me to be." I dreaded

"It's sad... to have the ability to purchase anything in this world; and yet, we're still not happy." he said

I got struck by the words that escaped his mouth. It awed me that he seems to be cold; but I know he's sweet. Min Yoongi has a kind heart and I can't wait to make him realize that. It's our first time to meet; but why is there vague familiarity? Is it because he's the son of the owners of the company that is in competition with ours?

Or maybe I've known him before?

"Don't worry, we'll be happy soon. Let's be good friends, okay?" I said

He just looked at me and nodded his head. I got to stare at his eyes again and I'm just really fascinated on how expressive and beautifully made they are.

"I know this may sound weird but you have really nice eyes. It would be amazing to stare at them all day; but it might melt me." I rambled

He looked like something struck him but he shrugged it off. He can be the most unpredictable person in the world. One moment, he's glaring at me and now, he couldn't help but smile a little and cover his eyes with both of his hands. I gasped as I tried to force his hands down so he wouldn't hide away his eyes.

"Hey!" I said as I giggled while trying to remove his hands from his eyes

He was indeed strong and when he loosened his grip, I took the opportunity to set his hands aside, holding the sides of his head. I froze a little, realizing how close we are with each other.

Everything seemed to happen in a fast pace yet...

it feels like it doesn't even need to be slow in the first place.

I got to look at his eyes as our gazes stayed on each other. Neither of us moved as my hands stayed on top of his while we both held the sides of his head.

"Beautiful." I mumbled

"Shut up for a moment." he mumbled back

"What? Okay." I whispered

"You're totally making this awkward." he whispered back

Our irises followed each other, keeping our gazes on each other.

How do you even escape this kind of situation?

"How about... I'll be the one to give you my number?"