Chapter 9

Hello there! I am sorry for the super late update. My little brother died and I didn't feel like writing since then.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!

.

"Hurry!"

On our feet, we hurriedly approached the entrance. I heard Yoongi groan in exasperation behind me, making me roll my eyes jokingly. Hearing screams emit from the variety of rides showcased before us, I felt even more ecstatic than last night dreaming about this particular event happening.

The sky was the perfect shade of blue and the clouds present above us were just the right amount. The weather itself was beyond what I imagined as I turned to Yoongi with pure joy written all over my face.

"The carnival looks amazing this year." Yoongi said flatly

I just nodded, seeing how his eyes glistened. I scanned the place, seeing booths where you can play games. The rides present sure looked tempting; but one thing sure caught my eye.

"Cotton candy!" I screamed, pointing to the cart

Without thinking twice, I pulled Yoongi with me as I ran to the cotton candy.

"[Y/N], let g—"

With all the strength I can muster, I tugged on his arm even more; making him stumble a little. I laughed at him as he sighed in exasperation.

"Cotton candy please!" I excitingly exclaimed

"How many?" the vendor asked

I looked at Yoongi questioningly, asking if he wanted some. He just gave me a nod, staring somewhere else.

"Two." I sweetly said

The vendor handed me my order, giving the other cotton candy to Yoongi. We started walking around, eyeing our surroundings carefully. I quickly munched on my cotton candy while I merrily skipped past Yoongi a little. He was walking in a very calm phase and I was too excited to go with that.

"Yoongi-ah, hurry!" I called, finishing off my cotton candy

I stopped skipping as I stood still for a while to wait for Yoongi. He was staring off somewhere else once more, eating the cotton candy I purchased for him. I turned to look at the stick of the cotton candy I had, frowning a little.

"What the—" Yoongi said as I took a bite of his own cotton candy

Cutting him off, I laughed loudly as he glared at me.

"[Your nickname]." he grumbled

In circumstances like this, other people would say a person's full name since they're disgruntled; but Yoongi? He would mention my nickname instead. I didn't know where he got that nickname for me but it gave me chills. Even though he did mention it before, it still had a different impact on me.

I didn't stop laughing as he turned away and ate his cotton candy in peace. We continued to walk around, stopping at a particular ride.

"This reminds me of someone." Yoongi said

We held onto the rails, staring at the ride that continues to revolve around. Children happily sat on the fake horses as they went round-and-round.

"It reminds me of someone too." I said, smiling a little

I turned to look at him as he smiled at the ride before us. I instantly felt giddy, seeing his gummy smile. I looked past him, beaming like a child on Christmas Eve.

"Beautiful." I stated

Yoongi stared as well, seeing the tall Ferris Wheel with flashing lights. He turned to me, smiling a little.

"Let's go." he said, nodding

I nodded in agreement as he grabbed my hand. Walking away from the Carousel, we stood in line to buy tickets for the ride.

"What a cute couple."

I was flabbergasted by the sudden comment out of nowhere. We frantically looked behind us, seeing an old woman with an old man. They were holding hands, sitting on a bench in front of the ticket booth.

I turned to Yoongi and he turned to me as well. We looked down at our linked hands, instantly letting go. The old couple let out a laugh as I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

"They got shy. Haa, young love." the old woman said

We proceeded with buying our tickets as I waved at the old couple when we passed by them.  Yoongi clutched my arm to stop me. He was probably feeling embarrassed and so I turned to him to smile playfully.

Yoongi and I got onto a ferris wheel cab, admiring it. I sat beside Yoongi; who had his fingers locked with mine. I simply enjoy holding his hand since I feel at home whenever we have our hands together.

He seemed to be fine as he looked away from me. The ride started and so the etching of a smile on my face. I turned to look at Yoongi who had a small smile on his face. His eyes glistened as he stared off. I blinked slowly, tilting my head to side. By this time, I've already memorized the features on his face.

And how long has it been?

A month?

I looked away, sighing a little. I felt slight pain shoot through my head, making me clutch it. I closed my eyes, biting on my bottom lip.

"Are you okay?"

Opening my eyes, I saw Yoongi's eyes worriedly bore onto mine. I nodded, smiling widely at him. I shrugged the pain away as I felt him give my hand a comforting squeeze. With his other hand, he let my head rest on his shoulder.

"You're not feeling well." he whispered

I sighed and nodded, closing my eyes. I felt confused due to how my energy suddenly dropped down. Whenever I would think about a certain span of time, my head would hurt.

And I had no clue why.

It hurt being clueless.

"Beautiful." Yoongi uttered

I fluttered my eyes open, seeing that we're already at the top. Shades of blue and pink were mixed on the sky as a smile formed on my face. The city was displayed before us, making me feel like I had wings.

I turned to look at Yoongi intently. His lips were parted slightly in awe. There was a glint of admiration present in his eyes as he turned to me. He smiled slightly, sending a bizarre effect to my heart. Like before, he may appear cold but the truth is, Yoongi is thoughtful.

He is... sweet.

Taking in the environment, I sighed to my heart's content. I glanced at Yoongi once more, letting my head rest back on his shoulder.

The ride ended as Yoongi helped me get out of the ferris wheel cab. We walked towards the exit, swinging our clasped hands. I smiled at Yoongi as a giggle escaped my lips. He suddenly stopped walking as his eyes widened. My smile dropped as I quickly turned my gaze away from Yoongi.

"Namjoon?"