Chapter 42

OMGKSSNIAANAKAJKSSJ 3k votes? How can I thank you guys enough? 😭❤️ I'm seriously overwhelmed and happy at the same time 😭 WOW I just kdsnsisnsosj can't really believe it, you know? Thank you so much, my wonderful readers!! You guys have a special place in my heart ❤️ Here's the update!! I love you all so much 😭❤️
-

"Wow, you look beautiful."

Stepping on to the platform and staring at the reflection of my feet before my doe-like eyes, I felt agitated with my running thoughts as my gaze traveled upwards from my feet and proceeded to lock with the eyes of my reflection. My hands glided on my wedding dress unknowingly as I stared at myself in disbelief and bewilderment.

The day was nearing.

I was going to get married.

"Do you like it, dear? It suits you so much. I'm glad it turned out like this." my mother said in sheer happiness as she and the tailor shared giggles of appreciation towards the gown

Frozen on my feet, I snapped out of my thoughts to force a tiny smile as I demurely stood on the platform with the grace that my family and status had implemented on me.

"Yes, it's beautiful." I said, almost monotonously with a hint of uncertainty that they did not take into account

"Let's see it with the veil." the tailor suggested, scurrying on her feet with my mother

Left in front of the mirror, I saw my reflection once more. Sighing deeply, I felt the twinge in my heart because seeing myself in that wedding gown was indeed a dream of mine; but it was not the right time and it was not for the right reason. I wanted to marry for true love and not for wealth; but being what I am, I could not help but just go with the flow.

After all, I am just a pawn in the nobles' game of control and power. My parents did not see me as their daughter but they saw me as a tool— a tool to be used to access all their desires.

My mother and the tailor went back with the veil. I was surprised to see more employees too; helping to put the veil on me. The moment the veil was tossed in the air and settled on top of my head, I closed my eyes tightly.

I felt trapped.

I knew I could no longer escape if I set my gaze on the mirror in front of me...

... because the more that I would come to a realization that I am Namjoon's bride and not Yoongi's.

Denying to swallow the lump in my throat, I felt it burn me slowly and block the air. Feeling the pain, I breathed through my nose sharply, swallowing the lump and slowly opening my eyes.

"There! You really look like you're a bride; now that the veil is included." my mother stated in prominent joy

My breath came to a halt, seeing myself under the veil. Shaking a little, my vision started to blur a little as my eyes turned glassy. I brought my left hand to pat below my left eye, feeling the cold metal of my ring touch my skin. I froze, my eyes widening a little at the feeling.
Releasing an inaudible sigh, I checked the way I looked as I turned to angles to stare at myself more. My mother started to discuss the way my hair was going to be fixed and the possible makeup to be applied on me.

"Do you think the dress is good for you already?" my mother asked for clarifications

"Y-Yes. It's perfect." I stammered a little

The tailor aided me to step down the platform as we walked towards the dressing room. The tailor helped me take the wedding dress off as she frowned at me.