Chapter 33

"Hold me close and hold me fast."

I leant my head on his shoulder, watching his hands press the keys on the piano concisely and perfectly.

"The magic spell you cast
This is La Vie en Rose~"  I continued to sing minimally

I looked up to him, finding myself mesmerized by the way his eyes focused on what he was playing; displaying such emotion that moved me deeply.

"When you kiss me, heaven sighs" I absent-mindedly sang with continuity; smiling foolishly while eyeing his lips

"And though I close my eyes
I see La Vie en Rose~"

He turned to me for a while, shaking his head at my sheer foolishness as I instantly directed my eyes back at his hands again; avoiding his gaze.

"When you press me to your heart,"

I leant my head back on his shoulder again, smiling to myself as I felt him lean back a little; before going back to his previous stature and graciously working his hands on the piano. Who knew two hands could operate eighty-eight keys with such compassion?

"I'm in a world apart,
A world where roses bloom." 

Secretly eyeing him from my position, I could feel my heart thumping on my chest. The scorching heat of my cheeks made me feel giddy along with the butterflies in my stomach.

I knew I'd spend eternity loving Min Yoongi.

"And when you speak, angels sing from above." 

Yoongi turned to me with a small smile as I sang with happiness radiating off my system.

Both of us were happy.

Everything was pink.

"Every day words seem to turn into love songs."

Hitting the note, I laughed a little afterwards; having a little too fun as Yoongi plastered a gummy smile due to how bubbly I was. I was endeared by his skills and emotion; spacing out a little to admire him playing the piano.

"Give your heart and soul to me,"

I continued while looking at him with a smile and loving gaze.

"And life will always be,"

My eyes softened, meeting his soft stare momentarily.

"La Vie en Rose."

My eyes fluttered open, sweat beading on my forehead. Clutching the pillow beneath me, ragged breaths escaped my mouth as my chest heaved up and down.

"[Y/N]?" a sleepy voice groaned beside me

His hand glided on my arm to my waist, keeping me close.

"What's wrong?" he asked in concern

I turned to him, trying my best to steady my breaths. The dream in my head remained fresh; scarring my heart deeply and brutally.

"N-Nothing, Joonie. Just... a dream." I whispered

Namjoon's hand glided through my hair; his fingertips making contact with my scalp and the roots of my strands. I closed my eyes, finding such action relaxing. With a heavy sigh escaping my lips, I could not help but give emphasis on the feeling of Namjoon's ring while he continued to soothingly move my hair away from my face.  Because of that, I fondled with the ring around my finger; letting my thumb caress the cold silver.

"Namjoon?" I called out softly as I opened my eyes to meet his questioning ones

"Hm?" he hummed, moving closer on the bed and dropping his hand to my upper arm

"In terms of your own will, are you really willing to marry me? Be honest." I said

Namjoon's eyes widened a little, parting his lips as I looked at him in curiosity. His eyes softened a little, as he sucked in a breath.

"I am." he said, a small smile playing on his lips before he started caressing my skin with his thumb

My eyebrows jumped as my eyes glistened in pure bewilderment with his answer. An audible gasp escaped my mouth as I moved closer to him.

"Really? I thought you were not willing to if it wasn't for our parents?" I whispered with a flabbergasted tone

He chuckled a little, smiling sleepily at me.

"You're not that hard to love, [Y/N]. Don't underestimate yourself." he slurred

My heart stopped at what he said; my hazy and sleepy brain comprehending what he just uttered in front of me. He gave me an obnoxious smile before turning his back on me and positioning himself to sleep once again.

"Believe it or not, you have a spectacular personality." he continued

I broke a tiny smile, my eyelids' shadows hovering over. I was failing to register what Namjoon was saying as drowsiness started to consume me once more after an emotionally exhausting dream.

"And believe it or not, even if he left, he still loves you... too."

-

Heyy. I'm sorry for the super late updateㅠㅠㅠ my exams just ended!! I'm freeeee!! Thank you all so much for reading this book ❤️ The lot of you has a special place in my heart ❤️