Chapter 24

"Yoongi, do you have some clothes I could borrow?"

With a toothbrush stuck to his mouth, his expression contorted into utter confusion. I stood beside him in front of the mirror and sink while brushing my hair. Yoongi spat out the toothpaste, rinsing his mouth after brushing his teeth.

"Why?" he said, looking at me with bewilderment

"All my clothes are dirty. I need to wash them soon. So, could I borrow yours for a short while?" I piped, smiling innocently

"Okay." Yoongi answered hesitantly before heading out of the comfort room

"Thank you!" I called out

I proceeded to brush my teeth in front of the mirror before I heard the door burst open; putting me in a state of shock as I turned my head towards the door. Yoongi walked right in, handing me some black shirt and sweatpants.

"Thank you." I said incoherently due to my stuffed mouth

Yoongi shook his head dismissively with a tiny smile on his face after seeing the toothpaste drip from my mouth. Swiftly spinning towards the sink, I spat it out and began to gargle the water.

Making sure that Yoongi left, I locked the door and stripped out of my clothes. Stepping in the shower, I started to have my usual shower- thoughts and continued to ponder over numerous questions. I robotically washed my body as I started to question why a fuss had not happened yet. I was not waiting for it to happen but knowing the family that Yoongi and I both belonged to, we could not escape that easily.

A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I lathered soap all over my body. I decided to savor all the moments with Yoongi and decided to believe that if we were really meant for each other, then we'd always find our way to end up together.

Finishing off with another sigh in distress, I carefully stepped out of the shower. Drying off and applying some lotion, I decided to put on Yoongi's clothes.

"Whoops." I let out as the sweatpants slightly rolled down from my hips

I tightened it up and overall, I found his clothes comfortable due to how it was quite loose on me. I picked up my dirty clothes from the floor, scurrying towards our shared room. Opening the door, I found a gawking Yoongi on the bed with a satisfied yet smug smile on his face.

"Looks good on you." he let out

I teasingly rolled my eyes at him as I trudged towards the walk-in closet to get my other dirty clothes, putting them in a bin. Heading towards the door with the bin in hand, I came to halt as soon as Yoongi called out my name.

"Where the hell are you going?" he asked

"I'm gonna wash my clothes. Don't worry, Yoongay; I'll be back to cuddle with you." I teased, winking at him before shutting the door behind me

I cackled with the thought of Yoongi's pissed expression in my head. I got to the back of the house, finding myself in circles; in search of the laundry room. I felt dimwitted all of a sudden; seeing it to my right. I started to put my clothes in the washing machine; one-by-one.

Pausing for a moment, my eyebrows swiveled down. My phone continued to ring and so, I grabbed it and looked at the caller. My feet and hands felt ice-cold as my eyes bulged out of its sockets. With shaking fingers, I answered the call.

"N-Namjoon?" I shakily spoke through the line

"[Y/N]! What the hell were you thinking?!" Namjoon exclaimed

I flinched, slightly moving the phone away from my ear. I decided to stuff all my clothes in the washing machine, closing it shut. Making it work, I walked away from it so I could hear Namjoon.

"You need to go home, [Y/N]." he demandingly said

My jaw clenched as I shook with mixed emotions.

"I don't want to, Namjoon. I love Yoongi... I want to be with him." I pleaded

Namjoon sighed from the other line. Tears started to brim my eyes, biting onto my bottom lip to prevent them from falling.

"[Y/N], you know it can't be like that. You have responsibilities— we have responsibilities... you need to go back." Namjoon said in a soothing tone

He was right.

Namjoon was always right anyway.

Anyhow, I was stubborn. I continued to deny the fact that there were a lot of obstacles present in my relationship with Yoongi. I knew that everything will soon crumble down; but why?

Why do I forget these obstacles whenever I'm with him?

"But you know I'm happy with Yoongi. Namjoon, please don't let them take away my happiness from me." I croaked

Tears started to fall down from my eyes as sobs started to escape my lips. I sniffled quietly, wiping them away from my face.

"[Y/N], it's too late. They already know that you escaped with Yoongi. Your parents will be back in two days from their business trip. You need to go back before or else—"

I cut him off with a sob as soon as the information started to register in my brain. The melancholiness of the situation started eating me alive and the anxiety within me combusted with stress; making me feel worse than I already was before.

"—or else Min Enterprises will be bankrupt due to your family's company. Your parents are going to destroy their business, [Y/N]."

My breath was caught in my throat, disabling for me to function and process my thoughts properly. My heartstrings felt like they were tugged on; increasing the swelling I felt in my chest.

"W-Wha—"

"[Y/N], don't hurt Yoongi furthermore. You know what I'm talking about." Namjoon dreaded

I froze, hearing nothing but the dead silence after those words escaped Namjoon's mouth. I no longer hear the soothing sounds of the ocean; nor the happy chirping of the birds.

My world was crumbling down once more with reality hitting it.

"[Y/N], we both know that the pain is dementing; but it is inescapable. You need to tell him as soon as possible."