Chapter 21

"Are we there yet?"

Yoongi sent me a glare before he kept his gaze back on the road again. I gave him a playful but giddy smile, glancing down at our clasped hands resting in between us. A part of me felt jittery and happy while the other part felt curious. I was happy because I got the chance to be with the man I truly loved; but I could not help but wonder where Yoongi and I stood. I did not remember Yoongi confessing to me nor did I remember confessing to him. I did not remember if there was even an us. We just happened to be in an escapade that only took four words from him to happen. Anyhow, I did not see any problem on the thought of Yoongi seeing me as a friend only.

What mattered was, we were together.

Looking outside the window, my smile slowly faltered away. It actually took me time to say yes because of Chul and Sejun; but I knew that I would still see them. The thought of my parents crossed my mind and the voice telling me that I was doing the right thing got louder. However, other thoughts concerning Namjoon also crossed my mind; making me anxious.

"You're awfully quiet. Do you wanna go back?" Yoongi spoke with a raspy voice

I looked back, seeing him glance at me for a while. He looked extremely exhausted with driving early in the morning.

"Of course not." I chuckled

He smirked a little, shaking his head in a shrugging manner.

"Let's sleep once we get there." he uttered

I agreed by nodding my head, caressing the top of his hand with my thumb. I knew he was already tired since we had to leave Jimin's place before the sun even rose. Having to convince my parents for a simple overnight at Jimin's place was not that easy. They had my clothes packed and brought over after it and I was more than glad when they did not know of Yoongi's presence at the night of the business party.

Yoongi and I were already on the road for hours now and I noticed that we were near a body of water.

"We're almost there." Yoongi said, smiling a little

I smiled nervously, looking out the window of the car. I could see the ocean and saw how there was water up until the horizon; where the sun was just about to rise. My eyes widened a fraction when a huge beach house came into my vision.

"We're here." Yoongi spoke with satisfaction and exhaustion evident in his voice

I gaped in awe while I could not stop a smile from growing on my face. The beach house got bigger as we approached it; meaning that we were getting nearer.

Yoongi parked the car just near it and due to excitement, I fumbled for the car door to be opened as I instantly let the wind brush through my hair and kiss my skin ever-so lightly. I eyed the beach in front of us, liking the sound of the waves. I turned to look at Yoongi who was busy getting our bags from the trunk. I rushed over to help him, taking my bag from his clutch.

"This place is beautiful." I breathed in awe

Yoongi eyed the place and I watched him do so. Even though he was drained, his eyes still glistened with delight. He turned to me with a small smile on his face while I gave him a huge grin. He laughed a little, turning away from me to close the car's trunk.

We started to walk towards the beach house's entrance and I could not stop gawking at its extravagant exterior. Yoongi proceeded to open the door as I carefully took a step inside.

"Who lives here?" I asked as my eyes roamed the interior of the place

The inside of the beach house looked relaxing. The windows were big enough to give you a nice view of the beach in front of it.

"No one; but I often go here before." Yoongi said

"How come?" I asked as I continued to look around

The place was spacious even though no one occupied it.

"Just to keep my mind off things." Yoongi said as we headed towards the stairs

The second floor was simple. It had three doors but Yoongi led me to one.

"There's only one room?" I asked

"Yeah. No one lives here. Why bother having so many rooms?" Yoongi straightforwardly asked

"What's behind those other doors then?" I spoke

Yoongi clicked his tongue in annoyance since he was already tired from the trip.

"The comfort room and a veranda. Let's just sleep, okay? I'm tired." he said, opening the door to the room

He dropped his bag on the ground and proceeded to hop on the bed. I snickered at Yoongi's childishness as he moved to position himself comfortably on the bed with sighs of satisfaction escaping his mouth.

I continued to look around the room. It had a queen-sized bed and two bedside tables by it. A huge window was present to the bed's left while doors opposite the bed stood. I walked over to the doors, opening them up. Seeing a walk-in closet, I grinned gleefully as I proceeded to place my bag on top of the vanity table; unzipping it.

"[Y/N], do that later. Let's sleep." Yoongi groaned from the bedroom

I rolled my eyes but obeyed him anyway. I sighed but I also felt my cheeks heat up. Walking towards an exhausted Yoongi, the despicable part of me appeared and I wanted to piss him off a little.

"Where will I sleep then?" I innocently asked

Yoongi shot me a glare as I teasingly smiled at him. Without warning, Yoongi reached for my wrist and tugged on it; pulling me on the bed with him. Soon enough, I was entangled in the same old spell he would use on me everyday.

He threw a leg over my hip, snaking his arms around my waist and spooning me from the back. I froze in his clutch even though it was not the first time staying and cuddling on the same bed.

"Yoongi—"

I felt flustered, trying to adjust myself on the bed. However, Yoongi insisted on tightening his embrace while I felt his breaths on the back of my neck; instantly giving me chills. I sighed in defeat, leaning on his form. Moving in his embrace to rest my head on his chest, I encountered his sleeping face up close. His calm expression captivated me so much that I ended up just staring at his features and how it was on right places.

I bashfully wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head on his chest. My eyes widened in a fraction, hearing Yoongi's fast heartbeat.

"Yoongi?" I softly whispered, looking up at him

With his eyes still closed, he clicked his tongue at me; hugging me closely while uttering nothing. A smile etched on my face as I shrugged it off. I tangled my legs with his as I continued to listen to his heartbeat that calmed down as time passed by.

"[Y/N]?"

I snapped out of my daze, humming softly while lifting up my head slightly. Everything seemed so surreal. It felt like I was only dreaming.

"Stay with me."