Chapter 44

"You and Yoongi kissed— what?!"

Bringing a hand to my forehead, I took a hard glance towards the lights coming from the balcony. Jimin gasped audibly as he placed a hand over his mouth in shock. Taehyung and Jungkook looked at me with wide eyes while Hoseok mumbled words to himself that were clearly incoherent to everybody else.

"What the—? How did that happen?! What the hell?!" Jin kept on exclaiming in disbelief at me

Jin stood by my left as I was seated on the side of the bed; facing the balcony. The others were seated on the floor while leaning on the wall at the front of the bed as they attentively listened with focused pupils at me and the eldest.

"I-I don't know how. It just happened." I stammered with a small voice as I looked up at Jin with doe-like eyes

He heaved an aggravated sigh, gripping both sides of his temple. Averting my gaze away from him and to the lights outside, I shakily gulped as a sign of the internal lamentation over the mess that kept on occurring.

"[Y/N], he fell all over again?" Jin softly said, crossing his arms over his chest

"He said the... three words?" Taehyung added with fascination clouding his eyes

Closing my eyes tightly, their questions came floating in my head. I felt my heart thump on my chest lamely as my eyes stung with unwanted tears. Sniffling as I did so, I quickly wiped them away.

"The mind doesn't remember but the heart does." Taehyung stated

Everybody's heads turned to Taehyung as his eyes glistened with the words that came out of his mouth.

"He never stopped loving you. The memories might have faded away but the feeling stayed." he carefully said

My breath was caught in my throat as I took into account what he just said. Tears rolled down my cheeks quietly, pooling on my chin. Seokjin sighed once more as he sat down beside me on the bed, wrapping an arm around me. I instantly placed my head on his shoulder as I tried my best to stifle my sobs.

"You're right." Jimin whispered to Taehyung while Hoseok and Jungkook agreed with a series of nods

Jin continued to comfort me by rubbing my arm up and down to soothe my tensed muscles.

"B-But I-I'm engaged to N-Namjoon." I stammered and continued to sob after

My mind painted the blurry picture of the lights that illuminated with the light coming from the moon.

"I'm h-hurting both of them— Y-Yoongi and Namjoon." I told them, turning to the four boys seated on the ground

"I know you don't want this. It's not your fault." Hoseok said in a comforting tone

"It's just that, it's inescapable, [Y/N]." Jin said

Turning to look at Jin in the eye, my eyebrows swiveled down as I looked at him in slight confusion and grief. He inhaled sharply as his gaze swayed away from mine a bit; only to sigh and turn back to me.

"The three of you are bound to get hurt because of our parents' desires. We can't defy them; you know the consequences if we do." he said with a low and unstable voice

"Neither of us are gonna marry for love. Love doesn't matter anymore; especially in our case." Jimin said in an insecure voice, his sentence fading away at the end

"This sucks. Nobility sucks." Jungkook said under his breath

Closing my eyes, I took in a deep breath as I tried to calm my nerves and the thoughts running in my mind. I kept on cursing the nobility I was born into since none of us are clearly happy. It was quite amusing if given time to ponder on actually. Us, nobles, have our fingertips gliding over the riches that we own and can possibly own anytime; yet we are not happy.

"Namjoon deserves to marry someone who loves him back. He deserves so much more." I choked on my words as the tears fell from my eyes

Bringing my hands to cover my face, I wept silently into my palms as I felt Seokjin rub my arm soothingly. Hearing the others sigh and rise from their places, the bed dipped as weight was added. After a while, I was enveloped into a huge hug by the best friends I could ever garner.

"We're here for you, [Y/N]." Jimin whispered while I felt his arms around me tighten

"You three don't have to get through this alone. We will do our best to find happiness, remember?" Hoseok added, smiling at me

Meeting their loving gazes one-by-one, a smile broke into my tear-stained face as I closed my eyes and sniffled. Leaning into their supportive snuggle and heat, I felt thankful that the five of them were there to comfort me.

"We're sorry if we can't really give concrete advice." Jungkook added

Raising my head, I quickly begged to disagree. Inhaling sharply, I tried my hardest to halt my uncontrollable sniffling.

"N-No, don't be sorry. Just by being here, is enough." I said, smiling softly

The five of them raised their heads with small smiles on their faces. Hoseok was the first one to hug again and the others followed.

"Ah, we love our [Y/N]!" Hoseok chattered away

"We're here for you!" Jin cooed sweetly

They kept on talking together and I could not help but smile while giggling a little in their embrace.

"It's just crazy." Taehyung said all of a sudden

Like before, we all looked at him as his eyebrows knitted together and his bottom lip puckered out a bit as he thought deeply. As seconds ticked by, he raised his head and met my eyes with fascination and bewilderment clouding his gaze.

"No matter how the world wants you two apart, you and Yoongi always find your way back to each other."