Chapter 11

"[Y/N], I miss you." Namjoon softly whispered

I buried my head onto his chest even more. I was unable to utter a word due to my constant sniffling. Realizing that I had drenched his clothing, I immediately removed my head from his chest; looking away to dry my tears.

"I miss you too." I quietly and shyly said, looking down at my feet

Namjoon heaved a sigh while he reached out to ruffle my hair messily. I playfully slapped his hand away, fixing my messy hair. He laughed, wrapping an arm around my shoulders. He continued to smile at me, making me admire his cute dimples like before. I smiled back, staying close.

"Where are the others?" I asked, seeing that they were nowhere to be seen

"Right." he said, fishing for his phone

After messaging the others, we walked around the carnival together. Ever since the grand ball that happened last year, I felt uncertain around Namjoon. It was true that I missed Namjoon but there were so many things going on between us that I can't seem to feel just as comfortable when I'm with somebody else. I heaved a sigh, closing my eyes momentarily.

"[Y/N], I know you're still bothered by my presence." he said

I bit my lip, opening my eyes to look up at him. Worry swam freely in his eyes that made me look down once more.

"I'm sorry..." I trailed off

He sighed once more as we stopped in front of the carousel. We saw Jimin, Jin, Hoseok, Taehyung, Jungkook and Yoongi on the ride as my eyes widened. The rest of then were laughing horrendously; except for Yoongi who sat with a blank expression on his face.

"I just hope that you don't continue to let it affect our friendship." Namjoon seriously said

I nodded my head, keeping my eyes on Yoongi. Jimin called his name, making him look back at him. Jimin quickly snapped a photo of Yoongi on the horse, making him laugh loudly.

"Hey!" Yoongi exclaimed, trying to reach for Jimin

Jimin started to laugh loudly with his eyes forming onto crescents. Yoongi, however, looked like he was trying to stop plastering a smile; but he clearly failed. His adorable gums were exposed in no time as he glanced at an effervescent Jimin.

"You like him, huh?" Namjoon uttered out of nowhere

I snorted, looking back at Namjoon.

"What makes you say that?" I said

"You've been smiling like an idiot while gawking at him." Namjoon exaggerated

I stifled back a laugh, looking back at the carousel. My eyebrows soon furrowed down, looking back at Namjoon instantly.

"Wait, who are we talking about?" I asked innocently

Namjoon playfully rolled his eyes at me, laughing shortly.

"Min Yoongi. We're talking about him, [Y/N]." he said

I sighed, averting my gaze away from Namjoon. I turned to look back at the others once more, realizing that the ride was about to end.

"It feels like... I've known him my whole life." I said, staring at Yoongi who was having fun with his friends

"You know, whenever I'm with him, there's a feeling in me where I just want him to stay with me. It's like... I yearn for him. I yearn for his presence. I feel really happy around him." I said, slowly looking back at Namjoon

I chuckled a little, seeing him with an intrigued expression. It seemed like he was in deep thought and so I snapped my fingers at him.

"Hey, are you listening?" I laughed

He instantly snapped back to reality, directly looking into my eyes.

"You love him?" he said with bewilderment evident in his voice

I forced a laugh, slapping his arm playfully. I honestly don't know how I'm going to answer that.

"I've only known him for a month and you'll ask that question?" I said in disbelief

"[Y/N], you don't re—"

"Hey lovebirds!" Jimin cut off, making me turn away from Namjoon

Jimin waved at us but he stopped as soon as Jin hit his head with Hoseok laughing at him afterwards. They started to bicker with one another as Taehyung, Jungkook and Yoongi slowly made their way towards us.

"Do you feel better now?" Yoongi asked, standing in front of me

I smiled at his thoughtfulness, nodding my head. He smiled a little and I felt my heart flutter a little at that.

"Let's go!" Taehyung exclaimed, pumping his fist in mid-air

Yoongi and I let the others go first as they started suggesting restaurants for us to eat at. Night had fallen over us and it did make me notice the sudden change in temperature. It was naturally cold but it worsened. I rubbed my palms together, blowing air to keep them warm.

We arrived shortly at a barbecue place near the carnival, sitting down with all the guys. They were loud as usual, chatting about all the possible things in this world. I, however, was quivering due to the weather. I continued to rub my hands under the table, smiling at the others who were clearly ecstatic.

"Give me your hands." Yoongi said

I was taken aback a little as my head snapped towards his gaze. He sat in front of me, gazing directly at my eyes. I was mesmerized by them for a moment, admiring his expressive and exquisite eyes like always. Despite the cold weather, I felt heat rush to my cheeks as I slowly placed my hands on his. He kept my hands enclosed in his, heating them up a little. I felt flustered so I decided to keep my head down.

"Thank you." I quietly said

He didn't say anything in return as he continued to warm my hands up. After a short while, I felt warm inside as he continued to hold my hands. I also noticed that the rest were staring at us, clearly flabbergasted by Yoongi's actions.

Yoongi noticed a grin growing on Jimin's face and so he instantly glared at him; making them all look away. I couldn't help but laugh a little, avoiding Yoongi's gaze.

As I sat here with my hands in his, I continued to feel happy and giddy inside. Thoughts were swarming inside my head, making me close my eyes for a short while.

I had the slightest clue of what I feel about Yoongi and I knew that I was not allowed to feel this way.