Chapter 37

I apologize for this late update ;; currently not doing so well.

-

"It would be easier for the both of you this time."

My eyes met my reflection at the mirror, staring glumly while the hair stylist continued to comb my hair.

"Now that he forgot you, he wouldn't have a hard time seeing you get married to Namjoon." my mother continued to tell me as she had her feet pedicured

My jaw clenched, feeling my blood boil with anger. I sharply took a breath, closing my eyes momentarily while counting in my head. I felt disgruntled; clenching my fist on the seat's armrest. Deciding that I simply needed to cool my head off by staying away from my mother, I stood up from my seat; startling the hair stylist and my mother at the same time.

"I'll go." I said plainly, walking away simply

"Hey! Where are you going?!" my mother exclaimed

"Away." I mumbled incoherently, pushing the door of the salon open while fishing out my new phone

As I continued to walk down the sidewalk, my eyebrows furrowed. My thumb continued to stressfully scroll through my contacts as my eyes searched for the name that I was looking for.

Then it snapped.

Halting on my tracks, I came to a realization that I was looking for Yoongi's name on my contacts; having to find out that it was back in my old sim card that burned with my phone. Besides, Yoongi did not have the slightest clue on who I was in the hospital; making me think rationally that it would be weird to contact him out of nowhere. Realizing that I have become accustomed with his presence even though my parents forbade so, my heart ached with the constant grief residing within me.

With the gust of wind blowing past me, I sighed; placing my phone back in my pocket. My eyes wandered towards my surroundings as multiple thoughts popped in my head. There was no exception for me to deny the fact that I wanted to see Yoongi; but I knew I shouldn't— I shouldn't for his own sake. He needed space; and the reason why was very evident.

I continued to walk, noticing that the place somehow looked familiar. I continued to look around, squinting my eyes at the place as I rummaged for a particular memory regarding the location. Feeling the grass beneath my feet, my breath was caught in my throat.

There, stood a fence that separated the body of water and grass from the path. A bridge to the side and a set of buildings at the front.

With the scenery that looked utterly beautiful because of him, stood the man that I wanted to see; but shouldn't be seeing.

There, was him.

His clasped hands resting by the railing and his side faced to me, I watched.

All I could do was just stare from afar.

My chest churned in pain as my eyes turned glassy. I bit my lip, sighing inaudibly. He looked to the left, eyeing the bridge for a while before turning to the water for solace. His eyes were fixated too much— too deep. He was thinking too deeply.

I closed my eyes, the glass liquifying instantly as they rolled down my cheeks. I wanted to run up to him, hug him and just be with him. I wanted to be a part of his life again; even though I shouldn't.

Taking a wary step, I felt a dried leaf crisp beneath the sole of my shoe; the noise being audible to both me and him. Panicking, I sniffled noisily while bringing a hand to wipe my tears while lowering down my head. By that very moment, I knew I was done for. I knew he already noticed I was there. I knew he was already staring back at me.

With my heart pounding on my chest, I brought my hand down, slowly lifting up my head. As if the world rotated slower than before, my gaze met his; and that was enough reason for me to have a hard time breathing.

"I-I'm sorry— I didn't know you were here—... I'll go." I rambled

I turned on my heel, ready to trudge with an aching heart.

"Wait!"

My heart stopped beating, my eyes going wide. I slowly turned around, looking down at the path before raising my head meet his gaze. His eyes were just as wide as mine; as if he was surprised for halting me from going ang leaving him alone. I watched as he gulped, straightening his back. His gaze didn't leave mine as I was left to admire his just like always. He had the gaze of a child; a child that was unfamiliar but was ready to be familiar with the person.

It hurt me seeing the reality of him forgetting who I was. It hurt me witnessing how wary he was with me. He seemed unsure; and I understood that. I shifted my gaze away from him, staring at the buildings instead.

It just pained me deeply.

"You were the one who visited me in the hospital..."  he trailed off, looking back at the water

I got closer to the railings and gripped it, staring down at the water too. I did not reply to him in any way as he cleared his throat awkwardly.

"You're... [Y/N]." he lowered, glancing at me for a while

My stomach erupted with butterflies as my heart fluttered with the sound of my name rolling off his tongue after the longest time.

I missed him.

I missed everything about him.

My eyes softened, a sad smile etching on my face since a part of me digested that I was with him even though I was not supposed to be. Oblivious, I turned to gaze at him, memorizing how his nose curved on his face. His sideview was truly spectacular and I could not help but stare even though a good amount of distance sat between us.

He started to ramble about things that were incoherent to me since I was too distracted by the way my eyes naturally fed off on the way his hair sat on his head, his eyelashes shadowing over and his lips moving as he spoke. I fixated my gaze on his lips, fighting the urge to just kiss them again. I was sure by then that he noticed where I was looking since he stopped speaking and turned to me instead.

I missed him so badly.

"Hey, you're such a cree—"

"Yoongi, I miss you."