Chapter 2

Picture of Jake

The color drained from my face when I realized who I ran into. He scares everyone. And my past with guys doesn't make this situation any better.

"Were you crying? " his face softened a little bit as soon as he saw my blotchy cheeks.

Tears began to fill my eyes again. I got up and quickly ran to the restroom ignoring his question. I ran into a stall closing the door behind me. I slid down the wall putting my head between my knees as it became harder to breathe. Great just what I needed. A panic attack.

I tried taking deep breaths but it wasn't working. It felt as if a hand was squeezing my neck. Preventing me from breathing.

Just then my stall door swung open. I guess I forgot to lock it. Standing there was the girl I hated most. Ella Pearson. We used to be best friends until she became popular. I never did anything to her. Not that I know of. She just likes torturing me.

She let out a loud chuckle and I shot my head in her direction to find her smirking down at me. Just then I realized she had her phone out. Facing me.

She recorded my panic attack. I didn't doubt she planned on sharing it with the whole school.

"Please, please don't" I whispered

I don't know if she heard me or not but she just turned around and walked out of the bathroom.

I stood up dusting off my jeans and walked over to the mirror above the sink. My chest still heaving from the panic attack. I winced at my appearance and took my makeup wipes out of my bag. After taking off all my makeup I realized I didn't have anything to cover up the bruises on my cheeks.

I sighed and walked out of the restroom keeping my head down so no one could see my face. This shouldn't be too hard. It's not like anyone notices me anyway.

When I got to my class I checked my phone to see how late I was. 30 minutes late. Great. I knocked quietly and walked into the classroom.

"Arianna, you're late." Mr. Watson said sternly. "Detention after school"

I didn't bother saying anything. instead I took my seat at an empty desk in the back of the room.

The rest of the day went by slowly. Now I had detention. My dad is going to be pissed.

I walked inside the detention room and froze. Almost fainted actually. Not only did I have detention. I had detention with Jake, Ella, and their friends. They where always getting into trouble. My knees became weak as I slowly walked over to a desk in to back corner using other desks to keep myself from falling over.

Of course the teacher wasn't in the room yet.

"Oh, look who it is" said Ella. "Little miss crybaby" all her friends giggled.

"Just leave her alone would you" I was shocked at who said this. It was Jake.

Why would he be defending me?

_______________________________________

A/N

I'm honestly really excited for this book ngl:)

Please vote and comment.

~Khloe Xx