Chapter 5

I quickly texted Jake my address and threw on sweatpants and a hoodie while I waited for Jake.

After what seemed like hours but was probably ony 5 minutes I heard a loud grunt before the door sung open revealing Jake. I looked behind him to see my dad passed out with blood dripping down his face.

Jake looked at me with a worried expression on his face and walked over to me pulling me into his chest. I broke down in tears while Jake soothingly rubbed my back trying to get me to calm down.

"We should probably get out of here he's going to wake up soon." Jake said looking at my passed out father. "But you can't come back here. You will stay at my place."

I nodded and pulled away walking over to my closet to grab a bag and packed. When I had everything I needed I walked out to Jake and he lead me out to his car.

"Thank you, for everything." I whispered looking down at my hands.

"What did he do" he asked glancing at me with a seriouse look on his face before directing his eyes back to the road.

Tears began streaming down my face. "H-he. Uh. He assaulted me." I managed to choke out between sobs.

Jake looked at me again sadness written all over his face. He sighed before pulling over to the side of the road and reaching over, wrapping his arms around me and pulling onto his lap.

"I promise that bastard will never lay a finger on you again" he whispered in my ear still cradling me in his arms.

After a while I calmed down and he set me back in my seat and began driving again. About 5 minutes later we pulled into a driveway. I'm assuming his driveway.

"We're here." He said reaching behind him to grab my bag.

We got out of the car and he walked to the front door while I just stood there.

"You coming princess?"

I snapped out of my gaze and walked over to him. He opened the door and stepped in holding it open for me. My gaze immediately landed on an older looking man. Maybe in his forties.

My heart starting beating faster as he looked up from the news paper he was reading and stared coldly at me.

"Who is this?" He asked. His voice low. He reminded me of my father.

I hid behind Jake gripping onto his arm.

"Dad this is Arianna. She will be staying here for a while." Jake told the man who I am now guessing is his father.

"What makes you think you have the right to invite a girl to stay in my house?" He replied coldly.

"She is staying here and you will not bother her." Jake said plainly before gently taking my wrist and pulling me towards a set of stairs. He pulled me up the stairs and stopping at the first door. "This is the bathroom" he said lamely as he pushed open the door.

The next door we stopped in front of he knocked on. The door slowly opened revealing a boy who looked only a couple years younger than me. "Who is this sexy lady" the boy asked with an amused look. I stiffened at his words.

"Cole, this is Arianna. She will be staying here for a while. You are not to touch her." Jake said staring at the boy coldly. He then turned to me before saying "Arianna this is my younger brother Cole"

I looked down at my feet and quietly muttered a 'hello' Cole looked at me with with a smirk on his face before opening the door wider revealing his whole body and walking out and stopping right in front of me. Jake stepped in front of me and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.