Chapter 29

"Why did you punch Ella" Principal Henrikson asked as he pulled his chair out from his desk plopping himself in the seat.

"She was being rude to my friend and she wouldn't get out of my face"

"Okay and who is this friend" He folded his hands together on his desk.

"Cole Prince" I mumbled.

"Ah, the Prince family. Always getting into trouble. I kind of figured you hanging out with them would lead to this"

I rolled my eyes "you know nothing about them" I scoff.

"And why was Ella bugging you in the first place"

I stayed quiet.

"Ms. Mitchell"

I sighed leaning back in the chair. "She keeps telling me to stay away from Jake"

Mr. Henrikson looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Well, I will be calling home and you will have detention after school for 3 days"

"Yeah good luck with that" I murmured.

"What do you mean"

"Good luck with calling home"

"Why do you say that"

I scoffed "My dad is in jail"

"Why was I not informed about this"

"Maybe because it's none of your damn business" I spat.

Okay maybe I should calm down.

"Launguage Ms. Mitchell" Henrikson scolded me. "So where are you staying now? You're not 18 yet so you should not be living on your own.

"I'm staying with the Prince family"

Principal Henrikson narrowed his eyes at me, then picked up a microphone sitting on his desk and called Jake down to his office.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and a short lady stepped inside.

"Mr. Prince is here sir"

Principal Henrikson nodded and Jake appeared in the door way closing the door behind him.

He looked around the room stopping when his eyes connected with mine. "What did you do Arianna"

"punched Ella in the nose" I shrugged.

A smirk slowly grew on Jake's face "That's my girl" He said high fiving me.

"Mr. Prince" Mr. Henrikson scolded Jake.

Jake cleared his throat "So why am I here then?"

"You are here to discuss Ms. Mitchell's living situation"

"Oh" Jake sighed.

"Please, have a seat Mr. Prince" Principal Henrikson said gesturing to the seat next to me.

Jake smiled at me and sat in the chair.

"So, I am just now hearing that Arianna is staying with you, Jake"

Jake nodded.

"What's your relationship with Arianna"

"We are just friends"

"Mhmm, well I think it would be best if Arianna stayed with a family member"

Sorry to break it to you but I don't exactly have any family members left that care enough to take me in.

"That's bullshit-" Jake started but was cut off by Principal Henrikson.

"Language"

"She will be 18 soon enough"

"But she's not 18 yet and I don't approve of her staying with you"

"Why the fuck not" Jake hissed.

"I can make my own decisions" I cut into their argument.

"You are not an adult yet Ms. Mitchell" Principal Henrikson said.

"I'll be 18 in may" I retort.

"This is complete bullshit, we're out of here"

Jake stood up grabbing my arm and pulling me out of Principal Henrikson's office.

"So how many days do you have detention for" Jake asked as we walked to the cafeteria.

"Three" I shrugged.

"Easy enough"

I scrunched my eyesbrows in confusion "what"

Jake stopped and smirked at me. Then, he put his hand on the fire alarm. "Cover your ears"

I did as told and he pulled the fire alarm causing the hallways to echo with the high pitched sound of the alarm.

"Jake" I screeched. "What is wrong with you"

He shrugged and looked behind me smirking.

"Jake" Principal Henrikson growled "Detention for three days"

~♡~