Chapter 18

Jake's POV

I sat on my bed staring blankly at the white wall in front of me. Ryder got here yesterday and we've been doing everything we possibly could to track Arianna and Maddie down.

I glanced at the clock on my bedside table, 7:02. She's been gone for three days now and no matter how hard I tried I can't get the image of her battered up body out of my head.

I looked over at Ryder sleeping peacefully on a makeshift bed on my floor. I haven't told him anything about Arianna's past so he has no clue what Michael is capable of. I mean yeah he was worried about his girlfriend but all he knew was that Maddie was being held hostage somewhere with Arianna's so called 'father'

I couldn't sleep last night, images of Arianna being beaten soared through my head every time I closed my eyes and her loud sobs echoed my ears.

Having nothing else to do I plucked my phone off my bed and began searching for the contact name 'princess'

I decided I'd try ringing her again just to see what happens. This time a different male voice answered the phone.

"Arianna's phone" He said

Before I had the chance to ask who he was I heard Arianna's soft voice.

"Jake"

"Arianna" I asked shocked and slightly confused.

"I miss you" she whispered into the phone confirming I was not hearing things.

My eyes filled with the salty liquid known as tears. I've never cried over a girl and I've only known Arianna for a few months, but something about her brings out my soft side.

"I miss you too Princess" I whispered my voice breaking. I looked at the ceiling blinking back the stupid tears that threatened to spill.

"Alright enough of the lovey dovey shit" the male voice cut in. "Why did you call Prince"

"To get Arianna back" obviously how stupid does this kid get.

I heard Arianna speak up again but she was cut off by whoever answered her phone.

Arianna let out a small yelp causing my chest to tighten.

"Shut the fuck up" the guy yelled at her.

My fists clenched at my sides "Keep your filthy hands off her" I growled.

I heard him chuckle "What are you going to do about it"

I'm not sure what happened next but all I could hear was a loud crash and someone groaning as if they were punched in the stomach.

Soon enough Maddie's voice echoed through the phone speaker.

"Jake, are you still there" she asked her voice trembling.

Still trying to process what just happened I managed to choked out a 'yeah'

"Okay um- well Bryan's kind of distracted so I'm going to tell you the address" she spoke so fast I barely understood anything.

I scrambled to my feet running to the desk in the corner of my room grabbing a piece of paper and pen.

"Okay what is it"

She whispered the address into the phone mumbling "Please hurry" before she hung up.

I shoved the piece of paper with the address on it in my jean pocket pacing the room as I tried to come up with a plan. Ryder was now awake staring at me with confusion written all over his face.

"I know where they are" I spoke still pacing.

He jumped to his feet "Okay where"

"About an hour away I'll explain the plan on the way"

I threw on the nearest hoodie and shoved my phone in my pocket. I reached under my bed. When my skin lightly brushed the cool metal I wrapped  my fingers around the small pistol. Shoving it in the waistband of my pants I grabbed Ryder's keys and headed to the door.

I stopped in the hallway blowing out a breath "let's go"

●●●

I turned on to a narrow gravel road in the middle of the woods.

Yes, I know typical movie scene. The girl gets kidnapped and brought to the middle of the woods, then the so called 'heros' show up to save the day and everyone lives happily ever after. That's all bullshit. Yeah I feel like I'm in one of the movies but, this is very much reality.

My heart sped up as a small shed came into view. Ryder and I had this whole plan figured out. I go in the front door while he stays back and waits for the girls so they can high tail it out of here. After we get Arianna and Maddie, Ryder will bring them back to my place while I stay here and wait for the police. After the bastards in handcuffs I will drive my car back.

I parked the car and Ryder and I go through the plan once more before I step out ready to get this plan into action.

~♡~
A/N

Hey, I'm alive!! Sorry I took so long to update and for being so incredibly evil by ending the chapter here... but I promise the next chapter will be up by Sunday, Maybe sooner;)

Also I want to thank you all for giving my book a chance

~ Khloe x