Chapter 45

"Jake! Put me down!"

"No can do princess."

"Jake," I whined, pounding my fists on his back as he continued to walk towards the water.

I eventually gave up trying to escape his strong hold. Instead, I found myself getting very intereeged with his back. There is water droplets running down the tan skin from the water he left only a few minutes ago to get me. And my favorite part, his muscles. They flex with every step he takes, showing his time in the gym really pays off.

"Are checking my back out princess?" I didn't have to see his face to know he's smirking.

I shrugged, "You do have a pretty nice back." I admitted.

He laughed, like actually laughed. Not the usual chuckle, an actual laugh. And I decided that his laugh is now my favorite sound.

"Thanks princess. The view from here isn't too bad either."

I cheeks burned in embarrassment realizing the "view" he is taking about is most likely my ass considering it's probably all he can see.

"Just put me down ready."

"If you say so."

In a matter of seconds Jake's warmth disappeared and the cold lake water replaced him. Once I resurfaced I coughed and spluttered the water out of my mouth before giving him my meanest glare.

"Awe," he cooed, "You're so cute when you're angry."

When he turned to leave I took that as my chance for revenge. The water was up to my shoulders, making it hard to run. But somehow I managed to jump on Jake's back, my cover up being the only thing keeping my stomach from touching his bare back. He froze when I started to lean backwards, and then we both fell into the water. I know he played along with me because there's no way I could have pulled him down with me. But I still felt accomplished.

When I emerged from the water, I noticed my strapless cover up had somehow disappeared. Jake then emerged as well, a casual smirk on display. That's when I noticed he was holding my cover up.

"Jake give it back," When I went to grab it he held it out of my reach.

"Nah, you don't need this." He then threw it behind him and when I went to go get it, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulling me to him do my bare stomach is against his.

"Jake! I liked that cover up!"

"I'll buy you a knew one."

"No, just let me go ge-"

He cut me off by crashing his lips on mine. Taking me by complete surprise. After recovering from my shocked state, I kiss him back. His arms tighten around me, holding me closer to him as my arms wrap around his neck.

We pull away, breathing heavy as we stare into eachothers eyes. My lips tingle as they swell from the kiss. And my heart does flips in my chest as I drown in Jake's teddy bear eyes.

"You don't know how fucking long I've been wanting to do that." He said breathlessly before adding- "again." Referring to our first kiss.

There was a few moments of us just staring into eachothers in silence before Jake awkwardly pulled away and scratched the back of his head.

"Jake?"

"Yeah, princess?"

"What are we?"

"I don't know about you but I sure as hell want to be more than friends."

I blushed at that. "As in...?"

"As in Arianna Mitchell will you be my girlfriend?"

"Wait, for real?"

He chuckled and showcased his amazing smile. "Yes, for real. So what do ya say?"

Not hesitating I smiled up at him as I pulled him in for a hug. "Yes," I whispered.

"Wait, for real?" He joked.

Playfully slapping his chest I murmured, "Shut up and kiss me."

And he did just that. Very passionately might I add.

~~
A/N

Hey guys! Sorry for such a long wait:/ I was having internet issues for a while but it's all figured out:)

I hope you guys enjoyed this update!! I sure enjoyed writing it!

Please vote and leave a comment!