Chapter 10

Today is the day of the Halloween dance. But being the loner that I am, I'm not going.

I don't really want to admit this but I kinda want to go with Jake, as friends of course. But he hasn't talked to me in a week. It honestly hurts because he's pretty much all I have at home.

The bell rang signaling the last class of the day was over and we could go home. I gathered my books and headed for my locker. After putting my books away I closed my locker nearly falling flat on my ass when I saw someone standing right where my locker door was.

"Holy shit Jake you scared me" I shrieked holding my hand over my racing heart.

He still leaned against the lockers a smirk dominating his features.

"So...?" I said slowly waiting for him to say something.

"Oh, um I was" He scratched the back of his neck. "I was just wondering if you uh, w-"

He was interrupted by a high pitched scream I snapped my head towards the loud noise to find Maddie quickly walking our way.

"Arianna GUESS WHAT" she shrieked.
Before I could even respond she said "Ryder freaking Williams asked me to the Halloween dance tonight"

"That's um, that's great Mads" I fake smiled. I was happy for her though she's had a crush on this guy since 6th grade.

"Yup! So who are you going with?"

"Oh uh, I'm not going" I said looking at my feet. "But call me later and tell me what happens okay?"

Maddie's smile turned to a frown. "Erm okay. Anyways I gotta go pick out a costume love you babe" she said blowing a kiss before walking away.

I smiled watching her walk down the hallway. I heard someone clear their throat behind me. I spun on my heel stopping once I was facing Jake.

"Sorry. What where you saying"

"Oh um it was nothing I'll see you at home"

I frowned when he said that, I guess I was hoping he'd ask me to the dance.

"Yeah I'll see you later"

--------

It's 5:00 now and the party starts at 7:00. Nobody has asked me yet so it's obvious that I'm not going.

Jake left a few minutes ago so I'm assuming he has a date? I really wanted to go with him though. I thought it would be fun and maybe we could get to know each other a bit more. I don't know much about him and we live in the same house.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. A few seconds later the door opens and Jake peeks his head in.

A wide smile spreads across my face "I thought you went to the dance?" I said still smiling a little.

He opens the door all the way and walks in "no I uh, I don't have a date" He said scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh" was all I said.

"But um, I was wondering if you would go with me?" He said giving me a hopeful look. Then he pulled out a white Rose. "As friends"

The smile on my face grew wide. "I would love to" I said still smiling like an idiot.

"Great" He said smiling widely and handing me the rose.

I got on my tippy toes and wrapped my arms around his neck resting my head on his chest. Then I realized we don't have costumes. I stepped back my smile turning to a frown.

"But we don't have costumes" I said sitting on the edge of my bed.

"Nah I don't do costumes"

"Oh come on Jake it'll be fun"

"No"

"Please"

He hesitated a bit but still responded with 'no'

"Pretty please with a cherry on top" I said giving him my best puppy dog face.

I looked in his eyes and I could tell he was about to give in.

"Fuck who could say no to that? Fine" He said with a heavy sigh. "But I'm not wearing it if it makes me look like an idiot"

I jumped up and down clapping my hands and squealing in excitement. "I will just wear my costume from last year and yours should be easy, follow me"

He rolled his eyes at my excitement and followed me to his room.

I walked into his closet gathering what I needed for his costume. I grabbed red skinny jeans (which I was surprised he had) and a black t-shirt. I handed him his stuff and told him to change and meet me back in my room.

Once I was in my room I changed into black tights, a red skirt, and a black shirt. I grabbed my two Mickey Mouse headbands and noses on my way out. When I walked out of the closet Jake was sitting on my bed in the outfit I told him to put on he didn't look too happy I was making him wear a costume but it was going to be fun.

"What's even are these costumes" Jake asked.

I walked over to my dresser grabbing a scissors "Mickey and Minnie" said happily.

"You're not making me wear ears right"

I snorted "of course it's part of the costume, me and Maddie were both Minnie last year." I said cutting the bow off one of the headbands.

"Ah come on" He whined.

I just giggled.

I placed the headband on his head and put mine on handing him the nose and putting mine on as well. I pulled him over to the mirror smiling when I saw our reflections.

"Awh" was all I said

"You look adorable" Jake commented. I hid my face as I blushed. "I look like an idiot"

"No, you look cute" I said pinching his cheeks.

"Don't call me cute, I'm sexy" He smirked.

"More like cocky" I snorted. Wow Arianna, very ladylike.

"Whatever" he said pulling me out of the room. "We better get going"

_________
A/N

for some reason I really like this update:) hope you all do too!!

~Khloe Xx