Chapter 43

I ran out the front door and tackled Maddie in a hug and then Kayla.

"I haven't seen you guys in forever!"

"Arianna, babe, we just saw each other yesterday" Kayla gently placed a hand on my shoulder and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, yeah that's right"

Maddie giggled "this is going to be so much fun! We will get to have some quality girl time AND I have a feeling Jake is gonna ask you out, finally!"

"I don't think so Maddie, he doesn't like me like that."

A couple days after we kissed Jake said we should probably talk about it. I really didn't want to go through the awkwardness but I knew we had to. The talk lasted a good five minutes, the first two or three being complete silence. After a little bit Jake had finally broken the silence-

"I don't regret it."

He had said, causing my knees to weaken and my heart to squeeze with happiness because I didn't regret it either. We then agreed that we could just go back to the way we were before. Just friends.

Kayla gasped and Maddie gently slapped my arm. "Hun, have you seen the way he looks at you?" Maddie asked staring at me wide eyed.

"Um, I don't know what you mean"

"You can see it in his eyes!" Kayla whispered.

"The boy is in love!" Maddie said in a sing song voice.

"Whatever" I rolled my eyes. "Let's go get my bags."

The girls followed me in the house where the guys already are. We filed up the stairs and into my room, each of us grabbing a bag.

We made our way back down the stairs to put our bags in Dylan's truck. On the last step I... you guessed it. I fell. I tripped over my own feet and landed face first on the ground. Luckily my bag was in front of me and cushioned my head so I landed safely. Sorta.

"Let me guess, Arianna fell."

Jake walked out of the kitchen his eyes landing on me. He looked amused, but not surprised at all. I'm pretty much the queen of clumsyville. He walked over to me and helped me up just as the rest of the guys piled out of the kitchen.

Jake picked up my bag and slung it over his shoulder. "This is all you're bringing right?"

The girls giggled from behind me and I stared at him like he's crazy. Kayla and Maddie dropped my other two bags at his feet.

"Holy shit Arianna you know we are only going for three nights right?"

"Of course silly. One bag for each day!"

Jake rolled his eyes and picked up my two other bags. "Girls" He muttered under his breath as he hauled my bags to the vehicle. But, do to the bags blocking his view of the sidewalk, he tripped and fell on top of my bags.

"Oh my God" I screeched and ran out to him.

"I'm fine" Jake mumbled still laying on my bags.

"You could have broken something"

"I just tripped Arianna I don't think I broke any bones"

"Not you, my bags. You could have broken something in my bags"

His eyes narrowed into thin slits.

"Now get off you ogre before you wrinkle my clothes"

Jake rolled his eyes at me and got to his feet brushing off his pants. Dylan patted Jake's back and shook his head slowly.

"Drama queen alert" I heard Tyler call as he walked to us.

I scoffed at him and folded my arms.

"Anyway, let's get this show on the road." Ryder hopped in the back seat.

"I'll drive" Jake hollered.

"You really think I'm going to let you drive my truck?" Dylan pulled Jake back by the collar of his shirt.

Jake's shoulders slumped. "It was worth a shot." He pouted.

"I call shotgun!" I ran to the passengers side and slid in the leather seat.

Jake pouted his lips even more and moped his way to the back seat. Dylan shrugged and slid in the driver's seat. Maddie is sitting on Ryder's lap since we are short a seat. And Jake is stuck in the middle- still sporting a pout -with Kayla squished between him and Tyler. Tyler gave up his seat belt for Kayla, and I totally fangirled a bit inside. You may be wondering why we are all squishing into one vehicle when we could just take two separate ones. Well, the guys all agreed that because it's a few hours away, we would make it work so we can save gas money.

"Ooo can I have the aux cord?!" I squealed.

"Sorry Darlin' driver chooses the music"

I did the only thing that ever works on Jake. The puppy dog face. Pouted my lips and sported my best innocent look.

Dylan just stared at me with a raised eyebrow. "Sorry but I ain't Jake. The puppy face doesn't work on me"

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked down.

"How the fuck do you do that" Jake asked.

"Do what?"

"Say no to that face. Look at her"

Dylan looked at me again and I cocked my head to the side still sporting the puppy dog face.

Dylan shrugged. "Like this" He looked me in the eyes with his famous grey ones. "N-O. No."

"Teach me your ways" Jake threw his head back and ran his hands down his face.

"Dude, you've just gone soft"

Jake snapped his head towards Dylan and glared. "No I haven't!"

"You're whipped bro" Tyler patted Jake's back.

-

"Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me"

"Lying on the floor, surrounded, surrounded"

I bolted out the lyrics to you found me by the fray. Dylan actually had a decent taste in music, a bit sad, but good. I am honestly really surprised he likes the fray.

I had the window rolled down and the wind is blowing in my face and whipping my hair around. We have a good five more hours to go but surprisingly, I'm having a good time. Being trapped in a car with four idiots may not sound like the best time. But my best friends are also here. I'm having a blast and we haven't even gotten to the resort yet.

It's crazy how I started off with only one friend at the beginning of the year, I lived with an abusive dad, and I was pretty empty most the time. Now, I have six great friends, I moved out of the abusive household, and I've felt less empty and lonely. In fact, I think it's safe to say I'm happy.

And it's all because I ran into the most popular guy in school. I'm not gonna lie, when I realized who I ran into, I was basically shitting bricks. But little did I know, the bad boy was going to be the one to save me

~♡~
A/N

Don't worry guys I didn't forget about this book!!

Please leave a comment letting me know your thoughts!

Also, I'm sure you already noticed this but... I changed the cover! Do you guys like the new one or the old one better??

~ Khloe<3