Chapter 24

Picture of Cole

My face paled and I froze completely.

Shit. I completely forgot about those.

I was silent for a while, hoping Cole would get the memo and drop it.

His eyes widened and he sat up straight-

"Oh my God. Arianna please tell me Jake didn't hit you he knows to never hit a girl but I swear if he-" He began rambling but I quickly cut him off.

"What! Oh God no. Jake would never do that"

Cole let out a sigh of relief and visibly relaxed.

"What happened then"

"I can't tell you" I whispered sitting against the headboard and resting my head against it.

"Why not" Cole asked cocking his head to the side.

"Because I can't trust you"

"Well if you don't tell me how am I supposed to believe that it wasn't Jake"

"Do you really think your brother would ever hit me" I asked looking him dead in the eyes.

"I don't know, I really hope not. But your not really convincing me otherwise"

I sighed laying my head against the wall knowing the only way to get him to believe me is if I tell him the truth. Who knows maybe this will be a good thing. Maybe he'll be nicer if I trust him with this.

"My dad" I whispered quietly.

He was silent. Maybe he hadn't heard me. I picked my head up studying him. His posture was tense and his fists are clenched. He looked... angry?

"Your own fucking father did this to you" He yelled.

He's actually really scary when he's mad. I nodded weakly sinking into my bed.

Cole stood up and started pacing the room his hands clenched at his sides.

"Cole" I whispered "Please calm down"

"Calm down" He screamed. "How am I supposed to calm down? How the hell does a father abuse his own child"

"Why are you mad" I whimpered wiping a tear that slipped from my eye. Why do I have to cry all the time.

"I'm mad because Jake didn't stop him from doing this" He hissed motioning to my body.

"It wasn't Jake's fault just please sit down and let me explain" tears are now falling quickly down my bruised cheeks.

When Cole noticed I was crying his face softened and he came and sat on my bed in front of me.

I put my head in my hands as I continued to cry.

I was suddenly scooped into a warm embrace.

"I'm so sorry Ree" Cole whispered as he ran his fingers through my hair.

I sniffled and looked up into his green eyes. I wonder where he got them from. Both Jake and his dad had brown eyes.

"Ree" I question sniffling again and studying his face through blurry vision.

"Yeah" He said smiling down at me. I think this is the first time I've seen him smile. "It's my new nickname for you"

"Oh" Came my stupid response.

His smile faltered. "You don't like it"

"No, I do. It's just besides Jake nobody has ever given me a nickname. Its cute, I like it" I said smiling back up at him.

"Friends" Cole asked.

"Friends" I agreed.

His frown was replaced with a smile. Like a big cheeky smile showing his pearly white teeth.

"Arianna I brought you-" a deep voice said walking into my room. "Well then I guess I'll just come back later" Jake was stood at the doorway glaring at his brother. He held a sandwich and a glass of milk in his hands. Turning on his heel he spun around and left the room.

"No Jake wait" I yelled climbing off of Cole and trying to chase after him.

As soon as I put all my weight on my legs my knees gave out and I tumbled to the floor. Not walking for three days straight really weakens your muscles.

"Shit" I hissed grabbing my ankle as pain seared through it. 

"Ree, are you okay" Cole asked bending down next to me.

"I'm fine, can you just go get Jake"

"Why do you want me to get that jerk"

"He's not a jerk" I hissed. "Okay well maybe sometimes, but he's a good guy most the time"

"But he let your father hurt you"

"No, he didn't" I sighed "Jake found out about my abusive father at school 3 months ago. I called him one day asking him to pick me up because my dad was- he-he tried-he was about to do something. So Jake showed up and brought me here. Then the other day I got a phone call from Maddie- my friend -saying he had kidnapped her and he was going to kill her if I didn't show up"

I sighed again before continuing "So of course I went to the address and he kept me there. I was there for a few days and then Jake showed up and got Maddie and I out for there and Michael and this other guy in hand cuffs" I told him everything as I played with the sleeve of Jake's hoodie.

"Oh, I'm sorry Ree" Cole said placing a hand on my shoulder.

"It's fine, but can you go look for Jake now"

"Yeah, I'll be right" He said heading out of the room.

10 minutes later Cole came back into my room.

"He's not here" He said and scrunched his eyebrows.

I groaned and reached for my cracked phone on my nightstand.

I scrolled through my contacts tapping on my hero.

His contact photo was a picture from when he hacked my phone and took loads of selfies. He was making the duck face and showing a peace sign to the camera while his precious brown eyes looked somewhere else.

After clicking the call button I pressed the phone to my ear. It rang three times and his voice filled my ears.

You've reached Jake Prince, Prince being my last name because we'll, I'm just that awesome.

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness.

Anyway, leave a message and I'll get back to you later, maybe, Depends on who you are.

And with that I ended the call leaving him a quick message.

Arianna: Please come back and let me explain. Also I need a hug x

He replied within a few minutes.

Jake: Why don't you just get a hug from Cole?

Arianna: because I don't want to hug Cole x

Jake: well you seemed cool with it earlier

Arianna: stop being a poop head and get your ass back here so I can give my wittle teddy bear a hug x

Jake: don't call me that

Arianna: just please come home x

Jake: fine x

~♡~
A/N

Hey guys!! I updated Three days in a row😊 I actually kind of like this chapter🤔 also I forgot to thank everyone for 1k reads, so thank you so much for that♡

~Khloe x