Chapter 35

I felt my self being shaken awake. I quickly shot both eyes open glancing around my room. I notice Dylan's cold stare from across the room and back my self up against the headboard, bringing my knees to my chest. Tyler is standing next to Dylan along with Ryder, everyone staring at me wide eyed except Dylan, he just stood there emotionless. No surprise there.

I shifted my gaze from the three boys staring at me across the room, to Jake's teddy bear eyes. He is standing next to my bed looking concerned and really tired. When I backed into my headboard Jake glanced at the guys standing across from us.

"Guys, I told you to stay out" Jake sighed sounding annoyed.

"Sorry man, but your girl was screaming bloody murder, how the hell did you expect me to stay out" Tyler spoke.

"What happened" I asked bringing my hand to my cheek and holding it in front of my face to find tears stainging my fingertips.

"You had another nightmare" Jake said sitting on the edge of my bed and running his hands down his face.

"But I don't even remember having one"

Jake just shrugged.

"Well I'm sorry I woke everyone up, I promise it won't happen again" I whispered looking down at my hands that are laying in my lap.

The only way that's possible is if I don't sleep, but I guess that's what I'll have to do.

"Arianna how is it not gonna happen again? You know damn well you can't promise that" Jake now has his elbows on his knees and is resting his head on the palm of his hands.

"I don't know, but I'm really sorry. I just- I didn't mean to okay? I'm sorry"

"What am I gonna do with you" Jake whispered, more to himself than engine else.

I stayed silent and watched as he shook his head back and forth while it still rests in his hands.

"We're just gonna-" Tyler began but was cut off by Cole stumbling into the room, tripping over his feet and falling face first into the carpet of my room.

"Stupid legs never cooperate when you need them to" Cole muttered pushing himself off the ground.

He looked around the room nodding at everyone and locking his gaze on me. "You okay Ree?"

"I'm fine, sorry for waking you"

"Nah it's fine"

"Can everyone just get out" Jake growled from the end of my bed.

Tyler, Dylan, and Ryder nodded and left, but Dylan gave me one last intense glance before he walked out.

"Dude, it took me forever to get out of bed, I didn't come here just to have you kick me out right away"

"Cole just get out" Jake gritted through his teeth, his head still balanced on his palms.

I watched Cole roll his eyes and stumble back into the hallway before fixing my gaze on Jake.

"Jake, are you mad at me?" I asked quietly, suddenly feeling very small.

"I'm not mad" He said sounding frustrated.

"Well what is it then"

He sighed "nothing"

"Jake, you seem mad"

"God, Arianna do you ever shut up" He snapped, finally looking me in the eyes.

I gasped slightly and backed into the corner. Jake has never snapped at me so this took me by surprise. His teddy bear eyes aren't so comforting any more and his jaw is clenched.

"Jake I didn't mean-"

"These nightmares are getting ridiculous. I need sleep you know, And ever since I brought you back from there I haven't been able to get any because you wake me up with your obnoxiously loud cries every damn night. Maybe for once you should stop pitying yourself and stop thinking about the past." He yells at me.

He yells at me.

He's never done that.

Tears flood my eyes and I hug my knees to my chest burying my head between them.

"I don't know what you want me to do Jake. I'm sorry" My voice cracks and I suddenly burst out sobbing.

"Sorry isn't gonna get me any sleep"

Jake got up from my bed and rushed out the door slamming it behind him.

I crawled under my sheets and curled myself into a ball as sobs raked my body. Clutching the comforter to my chest I cried into them until there were no more tears left. Then, I stared at the ceiling for the rest of the night. Allowing everything Jake said wash over my happiness and leave me empty inside. Leave me feeling lonely just like I was before I met him. I let myself fall into the dark hole I was in before. The one that eats away at me, and shatters me until I feel unfixable. Last time I was in this hole, Jake brought me out of it and slowly began piecing me back together, just to break me all over again. I don't know why his words stung so much. I've heard way worse. I hate how I've basically ruined his life and I feel awful about it. So I'm gonna do better. Somehow.

~♡~
A/N

2 updates in 1 day guys:) tell me what y'all think please, I love reading your comments♡

~ Khloe x