Chapter 17

Arianna's POV

The door slammed open causing me to jump. I quickly wiped away my tears and wrapped my arms around my body shivering from the cool temperature of the room.

I had just woken up from a nightmare and this was the first time in two months I wasn't woken up by Jake hover my body shaking me awake. This time it was Maddie yelling from across the room tears falling out of her own eyes.

A small flash lit up the room causing me to look at Michael standing in the doorway. My heart sped up as I noticed he held my phone in his giant hand.

"Jake called" He spoke up. "Said he wants you to know he's moved on"

I didn't believe a word he said.

"You're a crap liar" I choked out, my throat still scratchy from the lack of water.

"Well when he doesn't show up to rescue your pathetic ass you'll think otherwise"

"If you're not lying then let me talk to him"

I noticed his eyes widened and bit at my words.

"I don't care if you think I'm lying, you'll realize he never cared eventually" he spoke up after a moment of silence. Then headed out the door slamming it behind him.

"I still can't believe he's abused you all those years and you never told me" Maddie said softly.

I looked in her direction studying her appearance. She has a glossy sheen of tears covering her eyes and a few bruises on her cheeks and down her body. Her eyes are bloodshot and drawn in.

"I couldn't risk him hurting you" I whispered back to her.

"God I'm so sorry Maddie" I added tears filling my own eyes.

"None of this is your fault Arianna. I'm sure Jake's doing everything he can to find you"

I looked up at the ceiling blinking back the tears pricking at my eyes.

"What if Michael's right? What if Jake never really cared" I choked out, my voice cracking.

"He does, he cares so much. I can see it in his eyes. I think he may be confused by his feelings but trust me Arianna, he definitely cares about you"

I thought about the way he makes me feel. How my stomach erupts with butterflies when he gets really close. How being around him makes me feel safe. He's honestly such a great friend. But I can't help but wish we could be more than friends.

"I think I might like him" I told Maddie truthfully.

"Like as in love" she gasped causing my cheeks to blush a bright red.

I nodded slowly as a smile creeped onto my face watching her squeal with excitement.

"But what if I never see him again" I asked looking at my lap as a tear slid down my cheek at the thought of never seeing Jake again.

Maddie and I spent the rest of the night talking about pretty much anything. It honestly felt good to finally talk to her. It's been so long since I've been able to talk to her one on one like this.

The sun was now rising and Maddie was asleep across the room from me. I woke up from a nightmare and while ago leaving me wide awake with roughly one hour of sleep. Today is the third day we've been stuck here and I'm beginning to lose hope on Jake finding us in time.

My thoughts were interrupted by a soft yawn that escaped Maddie's mouth. I turned my head to see her sitting up and stretching her arms above her head.

"Good morning" she sad softly offering me a small smile that didn't quite reach her eyes.

"Morning" I replied giving her my best fake smile.

The door knob began to turn causing both Maddie and I to tense up. I silently hoped it wouldn't be Michael coming to give me a 'good morning beating'

Bryan stepped into the room allowing me to let out a sigh of relief. He held to glasses of water and his face held an emotionless expression. He quietly set a glass in front of Maddie and walked towards me handing me a glass as well.

I instantly grabbed the cup bringing it to my lips and downing the cool liquid.

"Bryan" I whispered softly.

Bryan's eyebrows shot up as he snapped his head in my direction.

I was about to ask him a question but was interrupted by a phone ringing in his back pocket.

I watched as he pulled my phone out and checked the caller ID. He looked at me a smirk appearing on his lips. Curiosity filled me as I peeked at my phone, my heart stopped when I saw the words 'my hero' flash across the screen.

My eyes widened when he accepted the call and hit speaker.

"Arianna's phone" Bryan said.

"Jake" I yelled using my feet to scoot closer so he could hear me.

"Arianna"

Tears filled my eyes as his voice filled the room.

"I miss you" I whispered.

He was silent for a moment.

"I miss you too Princess" He finally responded his voice sounding a little shaky.

My heart fluttered at the nickname he had for me. I've missed hearing him say that.

"Alright enough of the lovey dovey shit" Bryan interrupted. "Why did you call prince" He asked calling Jake by his last name.

"I called to get Arianna back" Jake said in a duh tone.

"Jake I-" I was cut off from telling Jake the address by a punch in the stomach.

I let out a loud yelp from the blow.

"Shut the fuck up" Bryan yelled.

"Keep your filthy hands off her" Jake yelled through the phone.

Bryan let out a low chuckle.

"Or else what" Bryan asked snaking an arm around my waist and rubbing circles on my hip with his thumb.

His hand was rough against my skin and all I felt was disgust.

"No, get off of me" I hissed gathering all my strength to push him away from me. I shoved hard at his chest but just as I expected, he didn't budge.

I kicked him in the stomach as hard as could causing him to double over in pain. My phone flew out of my hands and landed in front of Maddie. She lunged for it struggling to hold it as her hands trembled. Also the ropes tied around her wrists where probably making it even harder.

I watched in horror as Bryan stood up towering over my small figure. I knew Maddie would tell Jake the address so I just had to keep Bryan distracted. I tucked my knees to my chest as he brought his fist down on my small figure. Each blow leaving me in a coughing fit.

Maddie yelled for him to stop. Bryan's eyes widened as he looked around the room for my phone. Maddie nodded her head at me letting me know Jake was on his way.

Maddie had pushed my phone away from her making it look like she hadn't done anything. My body went limp against the cold wall behind me closing my eyes as relief washed over me. Jake was on his way.

~♡~
A/N

here's a longer chapter!! Feel free to leave a Comment on your thoughts on the book so far:)

~ Khloe Xx