Chapter 46

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face, despite the multiple nightmares that troubled me during my sleep. Why am I smiling? Because today is the second day I get to spend with Jake as his girlfriend. Some people think it's no big deal. But to me, it is. I've never had a boyfriend before.

When I open my phone to see a new message from Jake, my smile deepends.

Hero: I'm taking you out. You're already beautiful so just dress casual;)

The first thing I do after reading the text is barge into Maddie's room where she is doing her makeup.

"I told you so," is the first thing she says.

"What-"

"I forgot to say it yesterday," she says referring to last night when she made me tell her and Kayla everything even though they already filmed Jake and I's 'moment', which kind of pissed me off at first.

"Right. Anyways, I need you to help me-"

"-get ready for your date with Jake? Go take a shower and I'll have your outfit picked out for when you get out." She smiled to herself when she saw my dumbfounded face.

"How did you-"

"-know he's taking you out? He texted me last night about his plans for today. The guy is pretty freaking perfect if you ask me... don't tell Ryder I said that."

We laughed at the last part together.

By the time I was done showering, Maddie had ready laid out my outfit and both her and Kayla are sitting on my bed. Huge grins on their faces. Beside them is what they picked out. A light pink, casual, skin tight dress that ends mid thigh with sleeves that go to just above my elbow. Along with the dress is a navy blue, light pink, maroon, and creme colored flannel to tie around my waist.

"I'm doing your makeup!" Maddie said as she jumped to her feet.

"And I'm doing your hair!" Kayla said, copying Maddie's actions.

×××

By the time it's twelve in the afternoon the girls are finished helping me get ready. Leaving me with loosely curled hair, light eyeshadow, winged eyeliner, and mascara. The dress fits my body perfectly and I decided to add a couple bracelets to finish off the look. I've never been much of a heel person so I just stick with my white converse. I smile at myself in the mirror before smoothing my dress down one more time and leaving the cabin.

Jake is already outside, along with the guys and Both Kayla and Maddie. I smile at Jake and blush when he let's out a low whistle. He's wearing black skinny jeans with a light blue button down shirt that hugs his biceps, pared with his black converse.

When he reached where I'm standing, he wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned down till his lips brushed against my ear, "you look beautiful, as always." He whispered, his voice deep and smooth.

I blushed and hid my face in his chest, ignoring the coos from the girls. His chuckle sent vibrations into my body and when his lips connected with the top of my head, tingles errupted in that spot.

"Sh'all we?" He asked as he pulled away, holding his hand out for me to take.

"We sh'all," I giggled, taking his hand.

×××

"Where to first princess?"

I stared at all the carnival rides and games that you can never win in awe. I'm not really the type of girl who would rather be in a fancy restraunt where they serve over priced meals.

"You remembered?" I felt my smile grow wider as I remembered telling him how I never really got to go to carnivals when I was a kid.

It was a few months ago in the middle of the night when I was laying in Jake's bed, tear stained cheeks from my nightmare. He told me to tell him something I really wanted to do to get my mind off the bad dream. It might seem weird that out of anything in the world I picked go to a carnival, but I never got to experience one so that's what I told him about.

"Mhmm" He squeezed my hand that is I interlocked with his. "So, what first?"

"The fairest wheel!" I squealed. Jumping up and down like a little kid.

I never got to do stuff like this growing up and honestly, I couldn't have asked for anything more.

Jake chuckled and we walked hand in hand to the fairest wheel. Then after the faris wheel we went on all the other rides before we ate and played the rigged carnival games.

×××

"Look, it's a shooting star!" I gazed up at the sky, snuggling deeper into the blankets and Jake's arms that are wrapped around me as we lay in the back of Dylan's truck. After the carnival Jake drove in the middle of the cornfield and removed the tunnel cover on Dylan's truck to reveal a bunch of blankets and pillows for stargazing. "What do you wish for?" I asked him.

As he stares at the sky the stars twinkle in his brown eyes. "Nothing," he answered. "I already have everything I want." He turned his head to stare down at me.

"And what might that be?" I smile up at him.

"You."

I playfully slap his chest. Earning a soft chuckle from him. "That's cheesy Jake."

"Only for you babe."

~~
A/N

I'm sad to say this, but The Bad Boy Saved Me is coming to an end very soon. It's been an amazing journey and I can't thank you all enough for supporting me. I'm not exactly sure when the last update will be but, it is soon.

Please check out my other two books if you haven't already!
- What Is Love?
- Dangerous In Love

Next update will be very soon guys!

- Khloe<3