Chapter 4

Picture of Maddie

    The tears began to fall and when Jake noticed he pulled me into he's chest and wrapped his arms around my small figure.

    "Who does this to you?" Jake asked quietly.

    "My. Dad." I sobbed.

    "What does your mom do about it?"

    "She's..... she's dead"

    "Arianna, I'm so sorry"

    I didn't respond I just sobbed into his chest. I am extremely confused as to why he's comforting me.

    I took a step back and looked into his beautiful eyes. "You can't tell anyone"

    "What? Arianna we have to tell the police"

    "No. You can't. Promise you won't tell anyone"

    He stared at me for a while before answering "ok. I promise"

    "Why are you doing this?" I had to ask.

    "Doing what?"

    "Why are you here? Comforting me? Ella made everyone hate me."

    "I um.... I don't listen to rumors."

    We sat there in silence for a few minutes before he asked for my number. Then the bell rang and we headed to class. He walked with me since we had the same class. He made me feel safe. Which is weird because I used to be afraid of him.

    I had a smile on my face walking home feeling like someone cared. But that smile immediately faded as soon as I stood at my front door. I slowly opened it hoping my dad was sleeping. Luckily he was sleeping. I walked up to my room to take a shower and go to bed.

______

    The next day when I walked through the doors I immediately saw Jake. He looked up from his group of friends and smiled at me. He smiled? He then excused himself and started approaching me.

    "Good morning princess"

    Princess?

    "Good morning" I mumbled.

    He must have noticed my uneasiness because then he asked "are you ok"

    I shook my head slowly and he pulled me into a hug.

    "Jake, what are you doing with that loser?" I looked up to see Ella and her Minions staring at us.

    "Just leave her alone she never did anything to you" Jake defended me. Again.

    Ella huffed and stomped her foot like a 3 year old and walked away.

    "Thank you" I said.

    "anytime" Jake said looking at me with kind eyes. "Why does she hate you anyway?"

    "I don't know. We used to be best friends then one day she just turned on me"

    School was over in no time and now I was walking home scared to see my dad. The whole day Jake didn't leave my side. During classes he sat beside me, he walked with me from class to class, he even sat with me at lunch. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of him being so nice to me.

    I stopped at my front door taking a deep breath before walking in. My father walked out of the kitchen with a smirk on his face. He was planning on doing something.

    "Arianna, you're home." That evil smirk still plastered on his face. "I've been waiting all day"

    He backed me against the wall and put his arms on both sides of me so I couldn't move.

    "Wh-what are you doing?" I choked out.

    He slowly moved his face closer and stopped when his lips were almost touching my ear. "Don't say a word"

    My eyes filled with tears as he moved his hands to the hem of my shirt and ripped it over my head. Then he slowly moved his hands down my sides and stopped on my hips. He picked me up and sat me on the couch. Gripping the hem of my pants and pulling them off my legs.

    I let out a sob but quickly shut my mouth as he slapped me. I know I will regret this but I did the first thing that came to mind. I lifted my foot and kicked between his legs. He fell to the floor letting out a groan. I took that chance to run up to my room locking the door behind me. I quickly pulled out my phone. With blurred vision I scrolled through my contacts pressing Jakes name.

    It rang a few times before he picked up.

    "Hello" as soon as I heard his voice I broke down. "Arianna?"

    "Jake I-I need your help"

    "I'll be there soon text me your address"

    My door started rattling and it sounded like it was going to fall off the hinges. "Please hurry"

    "Hang in there princess" was the last thing he said before he hung up.
_______________________________________