Chapter 39

"Jake, wake up, wake up, wake up" I squealed plopping myself on top of him and shaking his body awake.

He groaned and shushed me while pulling the duvet over his head.

"Jaaaaakkeeeee" I whined drawing out his name. "Get up and come help me make cookies"

It's Christmas eve morning and I honestly couldn't be happier. This is the first time I'm celebrating Christmas since I was ten. Apparently it's Jake's first time in a while too because he didn't have any Christmas decorations. Absolutely nothing. So I made him go Christmas shopping with me yesterday so we can decorate today.

Maddie, Kayla, Tyler, Ryder, and Dylan are coming over later as well to celebrate.

"What time is it" Jake groaned peeking at me from under the covers.

"Seven" I shrugged.

He groaned again and flipped on his stomach sending me flying off him. He dug his face into his pillow and muffled "wake me up at eight"

I sat on my knees and leaned forward on my elbows placing my chin in my hands.

"That's so long though, and I really want to make cookies before everyone gets here" I pouted giving him puppy dog eyes.

He peeked at me but quickly covered his face with the pillow when he saw me. "Fuck, don't do that"

"Don't do what"

"That, that face"

"Oh, you mean this" I stuck my bottom lip way out and gave him the most innocent eyes I could muster.

He uncovered his face again staring at me with a wide grin. "Yes, that"

"Come bake cookies with me... pretty please with a cherry and Christmas sprinkles on top"

He rolled his eyes at my childless and threw his covers off him and on me so they covered my face.

"Hey" I shouted from under the comforter. "That wasn't nice, Santa is gonna put you on the naughty list"

I struggled out of the sheets and glared at Jake's retreating back.

Before he got to far away I stood at the end of the bed and jumped on his back. On instinct he grabbed my legs and stumbled forward, almost running into the wall.

"What the hell? I just woke up, I could have dropped you"

"But you didn't"

"Whatever" he huffed. "Where to first princess"

"My room, I have something for you to wear" I giggled into his shirt.

"Great, I can't wait" He huffed sarcasm dripping from his mouth.

"You'll love it"

He pushed open the door to my room and threw me on the bed. I shot to my feet jumping to the ground and pushing the hair out of my face. I grabbed the Santa hats off my desk and hid them behind my back as I walk up to Jake.

I caught the big grin on his face before he tried to hide it from me. "Okay you ready"

"Nope"

"Too bad"

I pulled the hats out from behind my back and shoved one into his chest.

His eyes nearly bulged out of his head when he realized what I am holding and he bolted out the door.

I ran after him and started chasing him around the house.

"Jake" I called after him. "What will it take to get you to wear this"