Chapter 26

Groaning from the intense sunlight flooding my room, I rolled over onto something... hard? Literally it felt like I rolled onto a rock. Peeking through one eye I saw a mop of dark brown hair, I furrowed my eyebrows and opened the other eye while pushing my top half off the bed. Underneath me was a sleeping Jake. No wonder it felt like I rolled onto a damn rock.

I was laying half on top of him with my head on his chest, and his arm is draped across my waist. I wish we could stay like this forever.

Jake stirred and let out a small snort causing me to giggle.

"Good morning sunshine" Jake said in his sexy morning voice.

Yes I said sexy.

I looked up to see his teddy bear eyes looking down at me, twinkling in the sunlight.

"Good morning" I smiled up at him.

"Jake" we heard Cole yell. "I missed the bus can you drive me to school"

Jake's eyes widened as he glanced at the clock.

"Shit, I'm late" He jumped out of bet quickly running towards his room. "Yeah I'll be down in a minute" He yelled back at Cole.

I got out of bed pulling my hair in a messy bun and slowly made my way towards the stair case.

"Hey Ree" I turned around to see Cole exiting his room smiling at me and slinging his backpack around his right shoulder.

"Hey" I smiled back at him.

I'm glad Cole and I are friends now. He's a pretty good guy and it's nice not having the people I live with hate me. Now, I just have to talk to John. I think I'll make dinner for everyone sometime this week and talk to him. That is if I can get Jake to take me grocery shopping.

Using the railing to support myself I slowly made my way downstairs.

When I was about a quarter of the way down I was scooped into Cole's arms.

"I could have gotten down myself" I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"I know, you're just slow and I needed an excuse to carry you" Cole said winking at the end.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Hey do you know when your dad gets home from work?"

"Around 6:00 why?"

"Just wondering" I sighed.

Cole set me down in the kitchen and grabbed an apple from the bowl on the island.

Jake walked into the kitchen grabbing an apple as well.

"Alright let's go Cole" He said.

"Hey can you take me grocery shopping after school" I asked walking up to Jake.

"Sure, what for?"

"I'll tell you later"

"Okay, bye princess" He said kissing me on the forehead.

"Bye teddy bear" I said giving him a cheeky smile.

He just narrowed his eyes at me.

"See ya later Ree" Cole said giving me a gentle hug.

"Ree?" Jake questioned.

"Yup, it's my new nickname for her" Cole said smiling brightly.

Jake narrowed his eyes at Cole before turning around and leaving, slamming the door behind him.

Okay then, someone's grumpy today.

"Bye Cole" I shouted as Cole stepped outside.

"Bye Ree"

-

I've decided I'm going to make lasagna using my mother's special recipe for dinner tomorrow. She had tought me how to make it just before she died. I was always in the kitchen with her making dinner, and baking cookies every so often. Every year we would make cookies together for Christmas and decorate them, that was always my favorite part of Christmas.

I grabbed a protein bar and headed upstairs to work on my grocery list. I'm not really mad about losing weight while I was there, so I'm not really worried about gaining it back. I mean, it's not like I had lost 20 pounds or anything.

After I finished with the grocery list I decided to take a shower, I made my way to Jake's room opening his closet and searching through his large variety of hoodie's.

Yes I'm that type of person to borrow my guy friend's hoodie don't judge.

I chose a dark blue hoodie and decided I would wear that with some black leggings.

I walked to the bathroom and turned on my Spotify Playlist. I turned on the hot water and she will be loved by Maroon 5 came one. This has been my favorite song since the first day I heard it, but now it's kind of a toss up between this and thinking out loud. I stayed in the shower until the water got cold, singing along to my music before I decided to get out.

I dried off and put on my bra and underwear and stared at myself in the mirror. Bruises ran across my body from head to toe. The cut on my arm was red and deep. I had numerous cuts running across my body but none as bad as the one that ran across my upper arm starting at my shoulder and ending at my elbow. My wrists also had cuts going all the way around, like a bracelet from the ropes. Disgusting.

When I couldn't stand to look at myself any longer I pulled on my leggings and Jake's hoodie. Jake's scent flooded my nose causing me to sigh in content. I grabbed my phone and headed to the living room downstairs.

I have nothing else to do so I decided to watch a movie. I put the fault in our stars in the DVD player and snuggled up on the couch with a blanket.

-

Tears are endlessly falling down my cheeks and onto Jake's hoodie.

Why did I watch that movie, it's so sad.

I let out a loud sob using a tissue to clean my face from the tears, which was hopeless because the tears just would not stop.

Suddenly my phone started playing thinking out loud, which is the ring tone I have set for Jake. I answered the phone sobbing once again.

"Hello"

"Arianna? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Jake asked sounding worried.

"I just- finished wa-tching the fault- in our stars" I said between hiccups.

"Oh" He said sighing in relief. "I just called to see how you're doing"

"I'm okay"

"Okay, I'll be home soon. Did you eat lunch yet"

I furrowed my eyebrows and pulled my phone away from my ear to check the time, 2:33.

"No, I didn't even realize noon had passed"

"Oh, well please eat, I'll take you to the grocery store when I get home, k?"

I nodded, mentally slapping myself when I remembered he couldn't see me. "Okay"

"Alright, bye princess" He said causing a wide smile to spread across my face.

"Bye teddy bear"

~♡~
A/N

5 days in a row!! I'm pretty proud of myself tbh😏 anyways hope you enjoyed the chapter! If you did vote, comment and share with yo friends😊

~Khloe x