1

Hope POV

As I step out of the cab I grip my backpack strap tighter.

I look at the building and take a deep breath.

I somehow manage to make it to the part of the building where I will find my father.

When I step into the office area I look around. A lady with blonde hair sees me and walks over to me.

"Hi sweetie." She says gently.

"Hi." I tell her as I look around for the guy in the picture my mom always showed me.

"Can I help you?" The blonde lady asks me.

I look back at her.

"I'm looking for Derek Morgan." I tell her.

"Oh. Ok. He should be here soon. I'm Jennifer Jareau but you can call me JJ." The blonde says to me. I smile a little at her.

"I'm Hope." I tell her.

"Derek!" JJ yells. I turn and look and notice the guy from the picture walking in the office with a girl with dark hair and a skinny guy.

Derek looks at JJ and walks over to her.

"What's up JJ?" He asks her.

"You have a vistor." She says as she looks at me.

Derek looks at me and raises his eyebrows.

"Hi." He says a little uncertain.

"Hi."

"Who are you?" He asks me politely.

"I'm Hope. I'm the daughter of Sarah Black. I'm also your daughter." I tell him.

He looks surprised and so does JJ.

"Now I know you probably don't believe me that is why I brought my birth certificate and a picture of my mom when she was younger." I say as I take off my backpack and grab out my birth certificate and picture of my mom.

"I'm also willing to do a DNA test." I tell him as he looks at the two things I gave him.

Derek looks from the things in his hands to me back to the things in his hands.

"She does look like you." JJ says to Derek.

"Not to be rude or anything but I'll like that DNA test done." Derek says.

I shrug my shoulders. "I kind of already figured that." I tell him.

"How old are you?" He asks me.

"I just turned 13." I tell him and they both look surprised.

"You don't act like you are 13." JJ says and I just shrug my shoulders.

Two men walk over to us and they both look kind of scary.

"Who is this?" The older man asks.

"I'm Hope." I tell him with a slight smile as I offer my hand for him to shake.

"Jason." He says with a slight smile as he shakes my hand.

"I'm Aaron." The other man says as I shake his hand next.

I look at the four of them.

"Since I take it that you are busy I will go find somewhere to stay. I'll be ready for the DNA test when you get back." I tell Derek.

"DNA test?" Aaron says. I look at him.

"Yeah. I'm Derek's daughter but I understand that he needs proof. I mean who would believe a 13 year old girl when she randomly shows up at your work and claims to be your daughter." I tell Aaron and he looks a little shocked.

I look back at Derek.

"I'll probably be staying at the hotel down the road." I tell him as I pause to do some quick mental math.

"Yeah I'll have enough to stay there." I say more to myself than anyone else.

"Wait. Hold up." Derek says and I look at him.

"How do you have money? You can't stay at a hotel by yourself and where is your mother?" Derek says.

When he mentions my mom I look down to avoid everyone's gaze.

I swallow the lump in my throat before I answer him.

"My mom died three days ago. I got all the money she had saved for me." I say quietly.

I hear JJ gasp a little. I close my eyes tight to keep the tears from falling. I take a deep breath, open my eyes, lift my head up and stand taller.

"But it's ok. So I'll see you when you get back." I tell Derek before I turn to leave.

"Wait Hope." Derek says.
I turn and look at him.

"You can't stay at a hotel by yourself." He says.

"Why can't I?" I ask him.

"You're just a little girl." He says to me.

I just look at him for a minute.

"Well then what do you suggest I do?" I ask him.

"You can stay with Penelope Garcia, she's our technical analyst." He says.

I look around before I sigh.

"Fine." I tell him.

"Hotch I'll meet you guys in there. I'm going to go introduce Hope to Garcia." Derek says.

Aaron nods and Jason and JJ follow Aaron well Derek walks over to me.

As Derek and I are walking down a hallway a lady dressed in bright clothes is walking towards us.

"Hey Mama." Derek says with a smile.

"Hey there handsome." The lady says.

"Hope this is Penelope Garcia. Garcia this is Hope." Derek says.

I give her a tight smile and a nod of my head.

She opens her mouth but I cut her off.

"It's a long story." I tell her.

She closes her mouth and nods her head.

I look at Derek. "You have a job to get to right?" I ask him.

"Yeah. Garcia can Hope stay with you until we get back?" Derek says to Penelope.

"Yeah. Of course she can." Penelope says.

"Thanks mama." Derek says before he turns and leaves.

I sigh. Why did I think this would be a good idea?