28

Hope POV

~3 days later~

As I step off the bus with my duffel bag thrown over my shoulder I look around me.

I bite my lip as I start to walk down the street.

I sigh in relief when I see the familiar man.

"Jason!" I call out as I make my way towards him.

He turns around and a small smile comes to his face when he spots me.

I give the older man a quick hug which he returns.

"You know I'm supposed to call your dad if I see or hear from you."

"He told you." I say with a sigh.

"Yeah."

"So are you going to call him?"

"Not if you give me a good reason not too." Jason says with a slight smile which makes me smile too.

"I'll tell you all about it once we get to your cabin." I tell him. I don't tell him it's because I'm being stalked but I don't know by who.

"You remember when you got kidnapped?" Jason asks as we climb into his car.

"By Isaac?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah, I remember it. Why?"

"I was getting ready to come help the team if they wouldn't have found you when they did."

I look over at the older man and smile.

For the rest of the car ride Jason and I catch up and I realize how much I've missed him.

Once we reach his cabin we both climb out of the car. I grab my duffel bag before we make our way inside the cabin.

Once we get inside Jason locks the front door again as I toss my duffel bag on the couch in his living room.

Jason and I go into the kitchen. I sit down at the table as he starts to make a pot of coffee.

Once the coffee is done Jason makes two cups before he walks over to the table.

He sets one down in front of me before he sits down across from me.

I wrap my hands around the coffee cup as I lean forward slightly.

"About six months ago." I start as I tell Jason everything that has happened.

After I finish telling him everything we're both quiet for a few minutes.

"Ok. I'm going to help you and we're going to find this guy so you can go back to your family."

"Thanks, Jason." I say with a slight smile.

Jason POV

After Hope told me everything that has been going on we finished our coffees, talked some more, and got some dinner before she decided to go to bed.

I pull out my phone and call the person who I know has been waiting for this phone call.

"Hello." The voice says.

"I'm calling to let you know Hope is safe."

"You heard from her? Did she say where she is? Did she tell you what's going on, why she left?"

"I can't tell you any of that." I say with a sigh.

"She's my daughter, Gideon. I need to know what's going on. I haven't seen or heard from her in sixs fucking months. She's just a kid."

I look at Hope sleeping on the couch and sigh again.

"She's an extremely smart girl. She knows what she's doing. I promise you I won't let anything happen to her. And as soon as this is over she'll be back."

"Wait, is she with you?"

"Yes. But you can't come here. I wasn't supposed to tell you that I even heard from her. Just know she is going what she believes is right and if things start to get too out of hand I'll call you and let you know."

"Six months, Gideon. Six months since I've seen her. Six months since I've heard from her. Six months I've spent worrying if she's ok or not. Six months since we've all been looking for her. Six months since things haven't been right around here. It's been six fucking months and now I know she's with you and I'm not supposed to do anything about it?"

"If you guys come up here now then she'll just run again and then nobody will hear from her. The past six months have been hard on her too. She misses you guys too. She worries about you guys too." I tell the concerned father.

"Then why doesn't she come home?"

"Because she will do anything to protect her family."

"We can protect ourselves! And aren't you part of her family too?"

"You can't protect yourselves from something you don't see coming. And yeah I'm part of her family but I'm not in as much danger as you guys since I've been gone for a while."

It's quiet for a minute.

"Fine. Just promise me that you'll keep her safe."

"I promise."

"Okay. Goodnight Gideon."

"Goodnight Morgan." I say before I hang up the phone.

I look at the sleeping girl again before I cover her up and go to my room to go to bed.

I'll bring your daughter home safely Morgan I promise.

Derek POV (sorry for all the POV changes)

~the next day~

"So she's safe and with Gideon?" JJ asks.

I called everyone over to my house this morning and all of us, besides Leonardo, are currently in the kitchen. Leonardo is currently in Hope's room, where he goes everytime they come over here.

"Yeah. I don't want Leo to know because he will want to go down there. Gideon was right, if we all go rushing down there now then she'll probably run again. The only difference is we won't have any way of knowing if she's ok."

"Isn't Gideon part of her family too?" Emily asks.

"Yeah but he's not in as much danger because he hasn't been around in a while." Garcia explains, she already knows all of this since I told her last night.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Rossi asks.

"We step back some and let Gideon and Hope figure things out." I tell everyone.

"Hope and Gideon are both extremely smart people. I trust that together they can figure this thing out." Reid says before anyone can protest. I give him a thankful smile because I know they were going to protest.

Everyone soon agrees that Hope and Gideon will be able to figure this whole thing out and Hope will be back to us soon.

Little did we know that as we all went into work and Leonardo went to school that day what was in store for us.