35

Hope POV

~2 years later~

I still haven't been able to walk yet but I'm not giving up.

Its frustrating as hell but I refuse to give up. Plus I don't think Leonardo and the rest of my family would let me give up.

Today is actually my 18th birthday. It's crazy how fast the time went by. It feels like just yesterday I was 13 years old and meeting my dad for the first time ever.

My dad and Penelope got married last year and even though she's my stepmother now she's not upset that I don't call her mom.

Aaron and Emily got married two years ago and I think they're planning on having kids soon.

Spencer and JJ are engaged and their wedding is in a few months. Leonardo has been calling JJ mom for the past year now. He always says that she's always been his mom but in a few months it'll be legal.

David is still single but he's happy.

Jason visits us a lot more than he used to and it's nice seeing him when he comes up.

As for Leonardo and I, we've been dating for almost two years now. Leonardo has also graduated from high school and he's going to college to be a high school English teacher.

I now have all the same degrees as Spencer and I help the team out with cases in any way that I can.

Overall these last two years have been good. Yeah there's been some bumps in the road along the way and I still haven't been able to walk but at the end of the day everything has worked out.

"Hope!" I hear my dad yell snapping me out of my thoughts.

I'm currently sitting in my wheelchair in my room.

"What!" I yell back.

I roll my eyes when I don't get a response back.

I sigh and just as I'm about to wheel myself out of my room my door is being thrown open.

My eyes widen and a smile comes to my face when I see who it is.

"Molly!" I yell excitedly as I quickly wheel over to her.

"Hope!" She yells back as she bends down and hugs me.

"I haven't seen you in forever! What are you doing here?" I say as we pull away from each other.

"I know it's been a really long time. It's been what like three years now? I wanted to come sooner especially after the whole you running away for a whole year, then getting seriously hurt but my parents wouldn't let me because they thought it was too dangerous," Molly says with an eye roll as she continues to talk,

"Which was just stupid because you're my best friend and I would have walked all the way here. But then my parents told me that if I left to try and come here they would send me to boarding school. I think they only did that because they heard what happened to you and they know about what John did to me and everything and they were just really scared. Anyway after that I got really busy with school and everything and you never returned any of my calls. But I talked to Leo and Spencer and they explained it all to me. They told me about how you couldn't walk and even though you were still trying nothing was working and to give you some time and you'll get back to me. But then I think you just got so caught up with trying to walk again, getting your degrees, weddings, and dates with Leo that you forgot about me. I get it because I was really busy with finishing high school too. Finally after completing high school and still not hearing from you I figured it was time for me to force you to talk to me. So I told my parents where I was going, packed my car up and here I am."