Chapter 5 : Greeting Ceremony

H A N N A H

I woke up to the sound of Lei's alarm clock ringing in my ears, I opened my eyes to be greeted by a grinning, hyperactive girl.

"Ugh. . ." I yawned.

"Wakie, wakie!" Lei shouted. "The Greeting Ceremony is going to start! We still need to eat get ready and eat breakfast and stuff!" She exclaimed.

I raised an eyebrow, confused. I rubbed my eyes and with a sigh I asked, "What Greeting Ceremony?"

"The Greeting Ceremony! When the first years showcase their powers! Now, wake up!" Lei exclaimed.

I goraned. So that's what it was called, and it was today? I should've prepared last night. . . Lei kept nagging me until I actually got up.

"Alright! I'll get ready." I said, sudden-
ly a bit excited. I took a quick shower and changed into a simple turtle-neck collar shirt, jeans, and tied my hair into a ponytail.

"I'm ready." I called.

Lei motioned for me to follow.
"Wait, where are we going anyway?" I asked. Lei frowned, trying to remember something by the looks of it, then she smiled.

"I think it's usually held in the gym. C'mon, we'll eat breakfast first!" She said and dragged me towards the cafeteria.

_______________

We reached the cafeteria in no time. I ordered ham and eggs, a normal breakfast for me. Lei, on the other hand, went all out. She ordered chicken, bacon, eggs and fried rice. It looked awfully delicious, but I knew I couldn't finish all that.

"Are you sure you're going to eat all that?" I asked, doubtful that she could consume everything she had ordered.

Lei nodded. "Of course I can! Have more faith in me, Hannah!"

I shrugged as she and I walked towards a vacant table. We set our food down and started eating. I finished mine quickly, I made sure to anyway. I wanted to get to the venue quickly.

Lei. . . She decided to savor her food and enjoy each bite, taking her much longer to finish her food. Neverth-
eless, she finished it all.

"I have to say," I commented. "I'm impressed." I eyed her empty plate, wondering how she didn't seem full yet.

"Maybe I should get some cake too. . ."
Lei muttered.

I literally gaped at her. She wasn't satisfied yet?! It's a miracle she isn't chubby. To be honest, she was quite fit for an eating maniac.

"How about no, it's better if we go now." I said.

Lei looked at me sadly but nodded. We stood up and placed our plates in the dishwashing area then left. I wonder what other kind of powers there are here. . .

_______________

Thr gym was outside the academy, it had a round structure, the roof was a dome. The entrance was big, allowing lots of students to enter at the same time. The inside was very spacious. The dome roof, I realized, was made out of glass, allowing sunlight to come through and provide light. The floor was cemented and painted a light, smooth blue.

All the first years were in a line at the side of the gym. Some were buzzing excitedly, others were murmuring nervously. As me and Lei formed our line, I realized that Mellow was in front of me, the girl I bumped into on the first day of school.

"Mellow! It's nice to talk to you again!" I said with a smile.

Mellow blushed and smiled. "S-same to you!"

How adorable. "Are you excited?" I asked.

Mellow nodded energetically. "Oh, yes! I can't wait to show my ability! Though I'm a bit. . . Shy."

I smiled warmly, or at least tried to. "You'll be great."

Suddenly, Miss Chella's voice blasted throughout the room.

"Good morning, everyone! I am Miss Chella, your headmaster. Today, we will be presenting to all of you the first years! They will be introducing themselves and showcasing their magical abilities. Please welcome our first new student, Ania Lerame!"

The calling of names went on for a long time, there were a lot more first years than I expected. A girl was able to sing a brilliant song and amplified it's sound, making everyone fly off their seats at the impact of the sound waves. One guy could also turn invisible, a useful power.

It was finally Mellow's turn. The headmaster called her name, signal-
ling students to applause, the sound echoed throughout the gym.

"Hello. . . my name is Mellow Diat. . . and. . . I am fourteen and hope to get along with you all!" She then stared at the empty chairs in a stack at the side of the gym and was able to make them float. She unstacked them and twirled them around. Afterwards, the stacked them again and placed them back on the ground.

Damn. She could lift all those chairs at once? She must've practiced well enough.

"I can do telekinesis!" She said and bowed and hurriedly walked down the stage. 

The stage was large and made out of wood and a bit of steel, stairs were found at each side of it. Simple, but it did its purpose.

"Thank you, Mellow! Next up, Hannah Verison."

I bit my lip and stepped into the stage. "M-my name is Hannah Verison. . . I am fourteen and looking forward to this school year."

I then waved my hands in one direction and ice formed, then I snapped my fingers and vines grew from the ground, it smashed the ice and I made them return to the depths of the earth.

Then I raised my hands and the ground started to tremble. When I placed them down the trembling stopped.

I smiled and everything went dark. Then I extended my hands as a ball of light appeared there. It floated and exploded, making the darkness disappear until everything was back to normal.

Lastly, I raised my arms as fire and water rose from the ground. The water sank back into the earth. I extended my arms, willing the wind to blow and out out the fire.

I bowed, a bit dizzy, and nervously said, "I can control the elements."

______________

Sorry if the chappy is kinda short... the chappy is all about the Greeting Ceremony. I mean, ya'll probably already knew Hannah's power, but hey!.... Yeah that's all I'm gonna say.

C O M M E N T

V O T E

F O L L O W

It would be great, not forcing you to. Just... Suggesting. ;)

~InDaBest