Chapter 15 : A secret unravled

H A N N A H

I guess Mellow couldn't hold it back anymore. She screamed and ran for it, Jake ran around it, making- attempting to make it dizzy. But it didn't work. The Strix growled and snatched Jake while running using it's razor sharp claws.

"GET ME OUTTA' HERE!" He shouted fearfully.

My eyes were wide, these were dangerous creatures, although...

"Feshti! Distract it!" I told her.

She nodded and ran around the Strix, for some reason, it became dizzy, I guess I don't know Feshti that well... yet.

The Strix released Jake, then he started throwing rocks, which caught the Strix's attention. After that, he ran.

I groaned.
"Great plan, Jake!" I said sarcastically.

I raised my hands and made the tree branches hold the Strix, keeping it very still, although it still struggled. I got a stone from my pocket, the Tamar, my father called it.

It's a pair of rocks, there's one small rock and one larger rock. The smaller rock- or gem- was a velvet red colored one. The larger one was a lavenderish color. Around each rock was a golden golden holder... or whatever. The velvet red one was called the 'Animaus' (An-ee-mae-us), which should be tied around the beast, while the lavenderish one was called the 'Tamar', which was supposed to be held by you.

I tied strings unto the two rocks, I had another pair for later. While the Strix was still, I placed the Animaus' string around the Strix, and placed the Tamar's string around me.

The Strix started to struggle lesser, and more calmer. I walked towards it slowly, placing my hand on it's head.

Mellow walked towards it slowly.
"How'd you do that?" She asked.

I pointed at the Tamar on my neck.

Mellow gasped.
"How'd you find a Tamer in the middle of a forest?"

"Father gave it to me when I was younger." I replied

Jake came out of his hiding place. "Is it safe now?" He asked with much caution.

I nodded.
"I tamed it, who wants to have it?" I asked.

Jake slowly raised his hand. I raised my eyebrow.

"Why do you want to have it?"

He sighed.
"I don't have a spirit animal, unlike you and Mellow." He explained, it was odd, why did he said Mellow's name bitterly?

I felt sorry for him. The beast's owner depends on who wears the Tamar. So, I removed the Tamar necklace from my neck and gave it to him, I then freed the Strix, who stood beside Jake.

I grinned.
"Can we have a ride?"

Mellow squealed in excitement.
"We're going to ride something! We're not going to walk! This is the life!"

I nodded in agreement.

Jake shrugged.
"Fine. Plus, I think I'll name him-"

I coughed, cutting him off.
"Her..."

He humphed.
"Whatever. I'll name her Eshi." He said.

We hopped unto Eshi, then we took off.
            ·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~··~
It has been... what? One hour, and my back hurt! I was really tired, too. I could tell the others were feeling the same way, although it was better than walking, and we were able to cover more ground.