Chapter 17 : Awake and confused

H A N N A H

I opened my eyes slowly, my head was thumping and aching. My muscles were tense and my mind swirled around.

I shook my head a few times, then the dizziness stopped, although the rest were still painful. I slowly sat up, my back burning with pain because of this, but I managed.

I looked around and noticed Mellow in the corner, sleeping.

I managed a smile, seeing her sound and asleep was nice to watch.

I attempted to stand, but in result, a loud 'Owwww!' came out of my mouth.

Mellow woke up by surprise, she seemed weak and drained of magical energy. Huh, I wonder why...

She glanced around, then saw me awake. She sighed in relief.
"Thank goodness you're awake!" She said happily. "You've been out for four days!"

My eyes widened.
"F-four days?" I managed to say once more.

Mellow sighed and nodded sadly.
I still couldn't believe I was out for four days?! But still... there was still two answers that was left unanswered.

"Mellow...." I began. She smiled. "Why are you drained of magical energy?"

Her smile faded and she became pale.
"Well... Hannah, there's something I haven't told anyone yet, except Jake, he is my brother." She said.

I raised an eyebrow.
"Sooo? What is it?" I asked impatiently.

"I have healing powers. My father didn't want to tell anyone for some reason... I don't understand why!" Mellow said. I gasped.

"I think I know why... Healing Powers are rare in Crystalia. In other realms, it's very common. He may not want you to tell anyone because the Dark Magic Weilders, or D.M.Ws, would want to use you." I explained. "I'm guessing that's why he doesn't want anyone to know, especially since there's a spy in the academy called 'Agent J'."

Mellow raised an eyebrow.
"Agent J? What was the agent's mission?" She asked.

I pondered.
"I believe that he or she must find out exactly where the Amethyst of Light is and the Book of Legends and it's truth~ is located. It couldn't possibly be Jake, since he knows exactly where the location is, and the One that contolls Darkness and the Dark Magic Wielders are still clueless about it's location. Jade... well, she does act suspicious... I've spotted her a few times... spying me. So, it could be her. And there are teachers too, I bet some of them has the letter 'J' as the first letter of their name. I'm still... figuring things out."

Mellow nodded, taking everything in.
"A-and... you trust me with this information?" She asks.

I grinned.
"'Course I do! You've been with me for... a loooong time! Plus, we've faced challenges together."

Mellow smiled with gratitude and happiness.
"Thank you, Hannah."

Then, her expression changed.
"Who else have you told something about the things you've discovered?"

My face paled.
"L-Lei... but her name starts with the letter 'L', doesn't it? And she's-"

"Sweet, kind, joyous and... positive. Your right... it couldn't possibly be her... but who?" She said, her eyes were full of confusion and worry, possibly because of thinking too much.

"Whoever this is, we have to find him or her as fast as we could." I said, Mellow agreed.

"Back to topic... are you okay? Can you walk? Do-"

"Wait!" I exclaimed. "One more question, where's Luna?"

Mellow smiled.
"She's your new dorm mate. Lei was transfered to the dorm of this boy named Eddy." She explained.

I sighed in relief.
"So, she's okay?"

Mellow nodded.
I stood up, my energy returning. My bones felt stronger and my muscles were more relaxed now, thank goodness for that.

I noticed that letters were piled up on the side table near the bed I was resting on. I picked one up, opened it, and read ;

Dear Hannah,

This is your mother, o-or... I suppose you know that I am not your true mother. Although, we had to do this for your protection, I'm terribly sorry and I hope you understand.

I just wanted to know.... are you alright? I've heard a numerous amount of news saying that something really terrible happened at the academy. I hope your alright, I may not be your actual mother, but I still treat you as my own.

Please be safe and enjoy your school year. Please, please, please be safe.

Truly yours,
Keisha Verison

I finished reading the letter, a flood of tears wanted to escape my eyes, but I refused to cry. I had to stay strong, for mother.

I placed the letter down and opened another, and read ;

Dear Han,

Heya' sista! How are you doing? I hope your okay, Hani. I'm worried 'bout you. I believe something bad happened there, and I hope your okay.

So, just wanted to check in on you. I'm going to explore this new realm or land called 'Earth'. I'll fill you up with information once I come back. Did you know that some of the things we do here, they do on Earth as well?

Enough babbling, myself!

Truly yours,
Big brother Eto

I smiled and sighed at the same time. He never changed, hasn't he? I placed the letter down, and comtinued reading more.

·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

I piled all the letters that I've finished reading on top of each other. Then, I turned to Mellow, who was smiling.

"Come on, let's go. Even if the... academy is half destroyed, we still have classes." She said, I nodded and followed her.

We walked out the clinic and walked through the buzzing hallway, eyes were all on me, and it felt really awkward.

"W-why are they looking at me like that?" I whispered to Mellow.
She rolled her eyes.
"You saved the academy, Hannah."

Confusion struck me.
"What do you mean-"

"You summoned fire, Hannah. You unlocked your second element, although I'm clueless on how." She said.

I extended my arm and opened my palm, then, flames appeared on my palm. I was awestruck. How could this be?

I closed my palm and the fire disappeared with it. I turned to Mellow with a confused face. Everything that's happening right now is sooo confusing! I've been out for four days, even if I was hit with just a minor poisoning spell and Luna was hit by an advance poisoning spell, people are staring at me as if my hair was a bird's nest, and now I can control my new unlocked element, fire?!

I felt like I was going to collapse because of all the information I've been given, but I didn't want to, so I held on. This is one interesting day... and a confusing one, too...

·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~~·~

Hey, lions! Thank you for the views and votes! Please give some support, but nevertheless, thank you for your patience.

Please :

C O M M E N T
V O T E
F O L L O W

Love you all!

°•~Chaw~•°