Chapter 24 : The Snake King

H A N N A H / L I V A N A

We walked around the village for a while. It wasn't our turn yet. We went into the Angel Bakery Shop that had amazing angel shaped cookies and cupcakes that tasted very delicious!

"Mmmm... I could eat this all day!" I exclaimed, stuffing cookies into my mouth.

Lara giggled.
"I cannot agree more!"

Veronica, at the other hand, were stuffing cupcakes in her mouth, vanilla ones.
"These are very delicious!" She said in a muffled voice.

Luna hadn't touched her cookies yet. Huh, how odd.

"Luna, aren't you going to eat?"

She blinked.
"O-oh, yeah. I will."

She took a cookie and started with little bites, then became bigger the more she ate.

I grinned.
"It's yummy, isn't it?"

She nodded.
"Yes, it is."
              ·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~
After our feast of cookies and cupcakes, we walked around the village buying amazing products with interesting uses. One made you control snakes, it was a staff that was for free.

I gave the staff to Veronica who dropped it as she touched it.
"The... the Snake King's Staff... the enemy of good and the allie of evil...."

My eyes widened.
"What?! Then why would that guy sell it... for free..."

"He must've wanted it's dark magic to corrupt your goodness, Livana. He must be working for... them." She said, I wondered why she didn't want to say the name of our enemies.

"She probably wants to stay undercover." Lara said, reading my mind.

I nodded and picked the staff up.
"We have to report this, and fast."

Hannah, Luna, Lara and Veronica, you're next. A loud voice said, booming in our heads.

Veronica squealed as she skidded towards the place Hefeta Shee La was in. I giggled at her excitement  and followed.
                ·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~
We arrived in a garden, hearing wonderful music from a distance. There were plants of sorts and colors, some were rainbow. (The rainbow ones were my favorite.)

We followed the path that led us to a lake that shimmered, reflecting the sun's light.

"Why, isn't it the infamous Hannah and her... gang?" Hefeta Shee La

I blushed. Infamous? What did she mean?

"Aren't you the ones who stopped-"

"The whole academy did, we helped each other." I said, smiling.

"How wonderful! Just call me Miss La, dearies. How's your day been?"

Veronica smiled.
"Wonderful! I can't believe I'm meeting you!"

Miss La gave the most beautiful and cheefgul smile anyone could ever give.
"Awww, why thank you! It's an honor to meet the daughter of Emma Shane, as well."

Veronica's grin grew wider.
"Miss La," I said. "There was this man who was selling this staff for free." I showed her the staff. "Veronica said it belonged to the Snake King."

Miss La's smile wavered.
"The... the Snake King... the greatest enemy of music, greater than silence." She muttered.
"You must hide that, if the enemy finds it, we're done for. Tell no one except for Re'eti."

We all nodded.
"Ma'am, may you please tell us about him?" Luna asked.

She nodded.
"Why not? The Snake King, once the King of Bountiful Harvest, was a good man... once. His kingdom always had a pleasant harvest and plenty of joy..." she paused. "And music. He loved music, so did his wife, Elaka."

"He cared for snakes and could control them. He was their 'leader'. He was so good and cheery, until that faithful day... well, not exactly faithful. Elaka was dancing to the music on her birthday on Shelltok Mountian," she pointed to a very tall mountain with spikes at the sides.

"She was dancing and dancing, overjoyed, that she didn't notice she was too close to the edge and..." she paused. "Fell to her death. King Armad, the King of Bountiful Harvest, was furious. In his mind, what caused her death was music. I know, stupid. He raged and become the aggressive, merciless man we all know today. He was renamed 'The Snake King' for he now wore a crown shaped like two snakes howlding a jewel using their heads and used snakes, combras, pythons to torture, attack and kill anyone who enjoyed mysic, or was with his enemy, the Light."

I was horrofied, what a terrible story! I nodded followed by the others.

Ms. La smiled.
"Time to go, your visit has ended. I hope to see you again next time."