i. clary fray

=Edited on: June 11, 2018=

- σρнεℓια мσяgεηsтεяη -

It was just another regular day in the New York City Institute, another day where we have to track down havoc-causing demons, and kill them. Jace and I waited for the two Lightwood siblings-- Isabelle and Alec-- to arrive, so we could get going.

My eyes gazed down on the small flatscreen that hung on a small metal wall, an image of an old man was presented. He was no doubt asian, with rectangular specs, a suit, and he was in his mid fifty's.

"Let's say, you were the demon. Why would you change into an old man, out of all the things you could shapeshift into?" I asked in confusion and curiosity.

"To remain inconspicuous, but since we're in New York, any form can be considered unnoticeable." Jace said as he crossed his arms, and looked down at me.

"True, true." I nodded my head.

The sound of heels clanking against the tiles of the Institute filled my ears, and not only that, but the small argument between Alec and Isabelle. Isabelle was dressed in white with a platinum blonde wig. Alec wore his usual clothes, nothing too fancy.

"Nice choice, Izzy. Demons dig blondes." Jace praised the approaching Isabelle. 

"Told you." Isabelle smirked, as she glanced at her older brother.

"It's Platinum." Alec retorted in his usual bored and uninterested voice.

"Platinum blonde. Now, can you stop trying to argue with Izzy?" I said, and looked up at him with a neutral expression.

"All right, guys, for some reason our demon friends are killing mundanes and draining their blood." Jace began, and all three of us followed behind him.

"Why do they want blood? Isn't that vampire territory?" I questioned out of the growing curiosity inside of me.

"I don't know, Elia." Jace shrugged and glanced to my direction "Lazy vampires, maybe?"

"There must be something special about their blood." Isabelle sighed, she makes a look that she would usually make when she's in deep thoughts.

"What could be special about mundane blood?" Alec emphasized the two words, mundane and special, and made it sound like they were the two most contradicting things.

"You get me a sample and I'll tell you exactly what they're looking for." Isabelle replied sassily, as she sent a smile to her brother's direction.

Once we were inside of the training room, Jace led us towards the weapons racks. He placed his hand on the blue panel, beside the concealed rack, and soon enough a rack full of angelic weapons emerged out of the wooden wall. Jace reached his hand to the top with ease, and he took out my medium-sized seraph axe, handing it to me after. He then took out three seraph blades for the three of them, and soon enough the four of us were heading back into the Ops Center.

"We'll have more answers when we figure out exactly who the demons are working for." Jace said as he looked at the edges of his blade.

"So, you don't think they're acting on their own?" Isabelle asked with curiosity in her brown eyes.

"No." Jace simply replied.